GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys

I promised Kriss I would post up the pics of the work we did on his GTR :bowdown1:

Pleasure to meet you Kriss and work on this amazing machine.

Once the car is above us we use many different tools to remove all surface rust/corrosion from the underside like wire brushes, air scrappers and wire wool.

Once all areas are rust free to the best possible state I then clean the surfaces with a all purpose cleaner via an air blower.

Once the underside is fully dried out I then start the 2 stage underseal.

Stage 1 is a rust inhibitor.
Stage 2 is the undersealer.

Different size crevice tools are used to get into hard to reach places and inside the chassis if it has entry holes.

Products used are from Bilt Hamber and are very good.

Thank You

Robbie

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Once the car is above us we use many different tools to remove all surface rust/corrosion from the underside like wire brushes, air scrappers and wire wool.

Once all areas are rust free to the best possible state I then clean the surfaces with a all purpose cleaner via an air blower.

Once the underside is fully dried out I then start the 2 stage underseal.

Stage 1 is a rust inhibitor.
Stage 2 is the undersealer.

Different size crevice tools are used to get into hard to reach places and inside the chassis if it has entry holes.

Products used are from Bilt Hamber and are very good.

Robbie

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Thanks Robbie for that reply! :)

So assuming Kris avoids using his R32 GTR in less desirable conditions, how long can he expect this underseal to last?

Only very recently did I come to know of Dynax UC which is a transparent underseal offering from Bilt Hamber. Just curious about longevity..

Keep up the good work.. :)

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Robbie for that reply! :)

So assuming Kris avoids using his R32 GTR in less desirable conditions, how long can he expect this underseal to last?

Only very recently did I come to know of Dynax UC which is a transparent underseal offering from Bilt Hamber. Just curious about longevity..

Keep up the good work.. :)
Thanks Kadir

I would say that 2-3 years is real world protection even if they state it will last longer :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Firstly thank you to all at VM for a top notch and professional job :clap:
I'm a fussy sod when it comes to my car, especially if I leave it somewhere. However after having a good look round I was secure my pride and joy would be well looked after which it was :clap:

The photos do not do the final result justice! The lovely black protective glossiness of my R32's underside not only now looks the nuts, but is also doing a dam good job protecting my car as well. Plus with the amount I use the car it should last me about five years!

Robbie tells me the job can be done in a day but I left it with VM for three in total so there was no rush for them. It even got a free clean and polish when it was there to so was bloody sparkling when I collected it :thumbsup:

When I collected the car it was snowing and it was good job the underseal had been done as thanks to white van man and an old fart in a large luxury car in roadworks on the M25. I got stuck behind a bloody gritting for half a mile so ended up having to wash the car again when I got back to the batcave :p

Would I use VM again ... dam sure I will be :thumbsup:

·
Registered
969 Posts
Beautiful 32 mate. Do the smoked indicators stick out abit far? Only thing I'd change is those round Vents on the front bumper to square ones n perfection ;)

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Thank you fella :)

No the indicators are fine and stick out no more than the original orrible orange ones use to, but I agree it does seem that way in photos :chuckle:

Not sure what you mean on the round vents but if your referring to where some people put N1 vents bit difficult when this bumper was created as seen ;)

Underside looks so much better now, who'd knew that something useful would only enhance the overall look!

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
It's not hip to be square on this occasion :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts