GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question so i can clear something up.....

If someone is caught speeding, is there still a time limit that the police have to bring it to court / charge the offender by ?

Someone i know has been charged with 71mph in a 60, and will get the obligatory 3 points and £60. But the actual date of offence was over 4 months ago.....the police have only just got in touch with him about it.....

I was under the impression that they had to do something within 3 months of the date of offence or couldnt proceed with it.....am i wrong ?

Cheers

Michael:D

·
Banned
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, have forwarded that link....

It says that the PACE Witness statement isnt valid in Scotland though.....so what can be done as an alternate if you live North of the Border ??:smokin:

I couldnt find anything stating,...

·
Registered
245 Posts
was he caught by a camera. Read last week end that if you request photo, a copy also has to be sent to the clerk of the court. He must receive it 7 days before the hearing, if it doesn't arrive on time they can't convict. Apparently 90+% are late but very few people ask the clerk for proof of receipt.

·
Registered
286 Posts
brummie is right:D you must ask for proof that they caught you, the reason they get away with it is that so many people just roll over and pay:mad:
that is what they want
fight fight fight for your rights lol:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts