GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having identified one of the key causes of oil pump failures, spline drive oil pump gears eliminate the clearance problems associated with the OEM flat drive systems. Spline drive setup is used by the Toyota 2JZ-GTE engine which does not seem to suffer from broken inner gears as the RB26 when hitting the limiter or constant use of high revs.

The kits are made from SMC435 grade and have been tested extensively overseas in high powered track and drag spec RB26's and RB30's. Kits come complete with a spline drive collar which would need to be press fitted by a machine shop in the similar manner the Jun collars are fitted. Fitting details also included.

Gear:

N1 Pump:

Tomei Pump:

Available for N1, OEM, JUN and Tomei:

Collar fitted to OEM crank:

Priced at £450

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Simple and effective, was waiting for a company to start producing these. Hopefully they will be a good solution to the stock oil pump gears!

A even better package would be an aftermarket crank with spline drive gears and a matching oil pump.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Will be ordering one soon.

Are these on the shelve ready to go out, or is there a wait time?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have just shipped 3 remaining sets of N1 gears to a customer in Canada, but have some more N1 size gears on order and should be arriving in the next week.

Tomei and Jun oil pump gears are at present available on request.

Nozza, drop me a pm and let me know which one you would like.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Is SCM435 the only material you are making these from? Is there an option to upgrade to other material?

Also any guarantee the gears won't break?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is SCM435 the only material you are making these from? Is there an option to upgrade to other material?

Also any guarantee the gears won't break?
SCM435 is a metal that is being used by all the major players such as Tomei (who also use SCM435 in their cranks) Jun an many others. We have worked with the manufacturer to ensure these items are made to high standards and ensure quality control is in place.

What material upgrade were you thinking about?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These gears have been run in race and drag conditions and have been used on both RB26's and RB30's with cars pushing out over 1000 bhp. We not sell items which we feel will break or have not been tested in the mentioned environments. There have yet been no reported failures of these gears from the manufacturer.

We can only provide a limited warranty on the gears themselves and that they are free from any manufacturing defects prior to fitting, in the unlikely event you receive them with a defect we will replace or refund you in full. All gears are checked for defects prior to shipment as we have strict quality control in place, however if you feel you need to test them you will need to carry out crack testing at your expense.

Due to the nature of the items which are sold for off road use, we cannot guarantee further because many factors involved such as fitment, quality and skill of the person/ machine shop carrying out the installation and any underlying engine factors such as crank/damper harmonics and fitment can also affect reliability.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How about pistons made from AlBeMet 162 which is around 62% Be and 38% Al with the density of magnesium, the stiffness of steel, and better thermal conductivity than aluminium.

As for the block why Ti? BerAlCast alloy is a better option and was used in F1 until it was banned.

8 times the cost of Ti, still interested? :chuckle:

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
yea and can we have a Ti block ?

Edited.
Sorry to crap on your thread. This does look a pretty good product.
Some people ask the most f++kin ridiculous questions
Sorry if I offended you but I was being serious... no need to get all fussy over it. If the material he is using is good then I will go for that!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We have 1 N1 gear set still available for immediate shipment, 3 sets sold from latest batch.

Next batch due to arrive in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Can you provide a set for a NITTO oil pump?

Also, can you confirm if testing was done at high rpm's

·
Registered
951 Posts
Finally got mine...been waiting for a few days, but I was in no rush. This is planned for my next engine upgrade in due time ;)

Saw this, researched quite a bit and am happy I went for it.

Looks really well made.

Cheers

·
Registered
897 Posts
Amazing now this looks like a well designed item. I am planning to refresh my engine in the next few months and this is certainly a must have item. Let me know when you have some more in I will take one off you.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts