GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has the Split Fire Super Direct Ignition System fitted to their RB26. I have seen this on sale in various shops, and I was wondering if its worth the 50 odd thousand Yen. Basically it replaces the standard coils with more efficient ones producing a more powerful electrical flow to the spark plug. They actually quote an 8bhp rise in power on a standard RB
This is the only link I have found(sorry its in Japanese)

http://218.44.182.164/sfj/DI_RB_copy.cfm

What do people think??

They also do high performance grounding wires which make the whole electrical system more efficient.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
More specifically (this is from the website)

"Despite the hype, nothing will be gained from wires which feature a twin conductor (SplitFire Twin Core wires) — although this is an excellent way to make a cheaply constructed low-resistance spiral conductor wire emit twice the EMI. The claim by SplitFire the additional core delivers "TWICE the ignition power of what used to be called 'high performance' wires!" (and more miles per gallon for consumers outside of the USA) is of no more use to consumers than the need for SplitFire's "safety of a second wire set — built in!" Any single spiral conductor (except those with pin-type terminations) will conduct all the coil current from any stock and most racing ignition systems reliably, and since the vast majority of any type conductor wires fail and/or burn away at the terminations, nothing will be gained by terminating "twin" conductors in the same terminal."

·
Registered
404 Posts
After market ignition systems

5h1tfire may have made a few advancements since I tried them 5 years ago but back then they were less than satisfactory to say the least.

I found the Jacobs electronics Pro Street team the best $500 I’ve ever spent on tuning a car.

Like all thing electronic they’re smaller faster cheaper better now.

Details at www.jacobselectronics.com

I know Gary at GT-aRT was looking into using a Jacobs system on an RB26 engine at one point.

Paul.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Splitfire's

Hi Guys,

I will be more than interested in what Henry, Gary, Ron S,Micheal,Ged, sorry if i missed anyone!, and the rest of the BIG POWER motors are running??

Best Wishes

Stu

·
Registered
272 Posts
I am about to fit a set to my car , not sure if they will make a difference but it is worth a try.
something to note : the HKS drag R33 has standard coils .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts