GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone try these on their RB26? I know they've been out for quite some time but having the split electrode - gimmick or does it work? All anyone ever talks about are NGK Iridiums grade 8...does it really make that significant of a difference? What if someone slapped in some Bosch plugs, six pounds sterling a set? Truly crap?

·
Registered
832 Posts
I used some bosch platinum 4's for a while and the results were really good. Can ran very smooth and boosted to 1.6 bar no problem. I have since swapped them for ngk's. My only concern would be extreme heat under hard/extensive use.....

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used some bosch platinum 4's for a while and the results were really good. Can ran very smooth and boosted to 1.6 bar no problem. I have since swapped them for ngk's. My only concern would be extreme heat under hard/extensive use.....
4's....as in heat range 4??

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
they are utter garbage!

we already have one red hot tip threatening to ignite the inlet charge and with these plugs we have have 4 of them?

the spark will only ever jump from the nearest tip anyway, the only time a mulitelectrode plug is any good is when you cut the other tips off

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
I always thought the reason the bosh/split fire ones were good was cause each electrode was spaced slightly differently, therefore the spark can "pick" the best path vs a single that has to pick a single path or ..am i wrong there ?

I just use Denso Iridiums :D

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
The "best" path as far as electric is concerned is always the shortest distance, or should i say the path with the least resistance, this is normally the shorter path.....i cant think of a scenero where this would change

the plug tip gets redhot during combustion, we dont want another three red hot tips in the cylinder really

i honestly cant see a single reason to use them because everything about them is a disadvantage..

also in my experiance they were crap at firing N20, wouldnt fire 25bhp where on a good set of NGK's i managed to get 165bhp without issue...

·
Registered
366 Posts
I tossed my denso irridiums for NGK irridiums and it made a big difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts