1,537 Posts
x2 out of interest?

C-C length of the rods, any idea?

Marc
152mm ish
Rod Stroke ratio is almost the same as stock RB26

At the moment its looking like a 7500-8000 rpm limit

how muchy?
No prices that I've seen, but im expecting much cheaper than jap stroker kits, probably around AU$5-6K

Not really the same, while Rob can take claim for the worlds first rb30 stroker kit, Spool are selling these as kits.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep i read that when Rob done it, amazing build.
Think engine went to Ireland after being built not heard anything more on it since then. think owner wanted it kept quiet.
It was that build what got me looking for stroker kits.
Spool have been advertising a upcoming kit for a while now this is the first time Ive seen any details of it on there site :)

·
Registered
794 Posts
if this works (and cheap too) its gona be a big thing i rekon..

coz the rb30 was like 400cc bigger than rb26 and lotsa peeps wanted it...this is 400cc bigger agin

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Yeah it should do well if it fits the block easy enough which hasn't been confirmed as far as I know?

Also be interesting to see what the actual cc rating is because to get a real 3.4 with that crank you'd need a bore bigger than 88mm and I don't think many people would be prepared to do that.

I hope it works out as they plan, should make for some real nice torquie street motors.

Rob

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
out of interest Rob.. what do you consider to be "good street torques".... ft lbs and rpms please....

need to know how far off the marque I am lol :)

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
Around 900-1000lbft would have to be a pretty reasonable goal for something like this?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yeah it should do well if it fits the block easy enough which hasn't been confirmed as far as I know?

Also be interesting to see what the actual cc rating is because to get a real 3.4 with that crank you'd need a bore bigger than 88mm and I don't think many people would be prepared to do that.

I hope it works out as they plan, should make for some real nice torquie street motors.

Rob
yeah 95mm stroke and 86 stock bore is 3310 cc innit?

on the skylieaustralia someone calculated the piston speed says its good for 7500rpm...but youve done the rb30s well over danger zone no worries lol:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts