GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a sports Cat, the HKS one looks good but a lot of money, anyone heard or used the below, is it any good and does it pass emissions tests ?

·
Registered
25,437 Posts
Sard is cheaper

some sellers will do them for 50,000 yen (heavily discounted. )

I use the HKS one

it’s really down the elements used inside hence cost

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sard is cheaper

some sellers will do them for 50,000 yen (heavily discounted. )

I use the HKS one

it’s really down the elements used inside hence cost
Which seller does it for that price ?

Thanks

·
Registered
25,437 Posts
just look on yahoo. they are new at 50,000

hks can be had for that as well. (sometimes) you just have to keep your eyes out

·
Registered
25,437 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Hi Ben
got a ballpark cost ?
cokey

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Just my two pence worth: I was lucky enough to pick up one of Venom's 4" 200 cell sports cats when I was across in Australia on holiday last easter. It's a great bit of kit and my car passed the MOT with it fitted.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just my two pence worth: I was lucky enough to pick up one of Venom's 4" 200 cell sports cats when I was across in Australia on holiday last easter. It's a great bit of kit and my car passed the MOT with it fitted.
the link I put in the first post is for a 100 cell so wasn’t sure if this would still pass

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
the link I put in the first post is for a 100 cell so wasn’t sure if this would still pass
Yes, that's why I mentioned specifically that mine was a 200 cell. According to the guys that performed the MOT, it didn't pass with much margin so, like-for-like, I don't think a 100 cell would pass. But that's on my application, and there are lots of variables, so a 100 cell may pass on another car.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, that's why I mentioned specifically that mine was a 200 cell. According to the guys that performed the MOT, it didn't pass with much margin so, like-for-like, I don't think a 100 cell would pass. But that's on my application, and there are lots of variables, so a 100 cell may pass on another car.
Thanks for the info (y)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts