GTR Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Did this go any further?

Anyone find out if the sensors are fire once? I think not as they'd need to be replaced if the system fires.

Surely MH would be able to answer this or at least find out from Nissan?

I was wondering if there would be any value in buying a sensor in order to replicate the signal to disable it without the light coming on.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Did this go any further?

Anyone find out if the sensors are fire once? I think not as they'd need to be replaced if the system fires.

Surely MH would be able to answer this or at least find out from Nissan?

I was wondering if there would be any value in buying a sensor in order to replicate the signal to disable it without the light coming on.
You would need three of them and the wiring harness, plus they would have to be VERY carefully located to ensure they were not subjected to any sudden G. A Cobb would probably work out cheaper as you could reset the light after reconnection as well as the other Cobb benefits.

·
Registered
395 Posts
speak to litchfield they have a resisor you put in line so the dont work. You have to get full info off them tho.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hit a small animal or rabbit on country road and not good for you..

i disabled mine by just unpplugging them.

and took the hood bulb off.
hello my system has blown aswell how did you disable the bulb the clocks upon removal seemed like a sealed unit so i put them back in any tips ?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Is resetting the error code possible with a standard OBD-II tool (mine can reset other error codes on my other cars, haven't tried it on the GT-R), or does it require something more specific?

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I have done this today for a customer who unfortunately had his PSS fire leaving a light on the dash, its the first one ive reverse engineered as I normally disable the system for track cars before the system fires so it can be put back to stock, however this worked and his dash light was extinguished.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts