GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I was giving a quick clean to the Gtr and I spotted some tiny spot like bubbles in the driver side wing. I've had cleaned the car last weekend and never noticed it.
Has this happened to anyone? Theys about 15 little spot and looks like the paint is bubbling. All the spots are on top of the wing in the middleish.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Touch wood I've been lucky thus far mate but I believe its a known issue. Paint work is covered for 5 years I think.

·
Registered
462 Posts
paint

Looks like micro blistering, very common on aluminium,but happens on all metals caused usually by damp in the primer. Will normally go on a hot sunny day and re appear on a damp cold day. Very hard to get rid off. I used to get it when I did a bare metal respray in the winter

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Agree with Extremelimo, seen it loads of times on resprayed panels, never seen it before on a factory finish.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Micro

Have a look at a mid 90s Aston they really suffered with it. I think youll find thats had a touch up on the wing by someone like dent master, or a new wing fitted. Ive never heard of big co like Nissan with these faults. Its probably had a very good blow in done by one of the panel match companys but been done outside. It its Kuro its usually chipped to hell, mines done 20k and bonnet nose and front of wings are chipped everywhere

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Have a look at a mid 90s Aston they really suffered with it. I think youll find thats had a touch up on the wing by someone like dent master, or a new wing fitted. Ive never heard of big co like Nissan with these faults. Its probably had a very good blow in done by one of the panel match companys but been done outside. It its Kuro its usually chipped to hell, mines done 20k and bonnet nose and front of wings are chipped everywhere
Thanks for the help extremelimo
I've had the car over a year now and never had it damaged or repaired my self. The bonnet and front bumper and rear quarters have stone chips but never had the wings chip in the time I've owened.
I've also had it detailed around 6 months ago and nothing reported there also.
So what you guys are saying it must have been sprayed some time before me? Can't this be due to paint defrect from Nissan.

·
Registered
462 Posts
paint

It could have had paint anytime in its life. Aproach Nissan but if your friendly with a big body shop they have a toll to measure paint depth this will usually tell you if its had paint. It will just save you wasting endless time with Nissan to just get a no

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll see how it's behaves in a few weeks and see if it settles down if not I'll just get sorted and done properly.
Thanks for the help guys.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Have a word with a dealership though as they may be able to replace for you and carry out their own investigations incase other cars are affected?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Just as a matter of interest re paint etc. The warranty (which extends beyond the 3 years I seem to recall) talks about having a periodic paint check carried out at the NHPC. Has anyone actually specifically done this and had it recorded? Or made a claim without having had it done?
As you may guess by this I never have/had unless they do it automatically at services, which would then not transfer if you didn't have services done at an HPC...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts