GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cheap as chips!! 81k miles on the clock tho... Doe's that really matter ? Chronos.

Black Edition as well

NISSAN GT-R 3.8 Black Edition 2dr 4WD Coupe for sale in Livingston | Auto Trader

2009 Petrol Coupe Automatic 81000 miles

Metallic SILVER, A one owner car, sold and serviced by the Main Nissain Dealer fromnew. A truly magnificent example of this Nissan Supercar., Upgrades - Ultimate Silver Metallic Paint, Black Part leather interior, Four wheel-drive, Standard Features - Adjustable Steering Column/Wheel, Air Bag Driver, Air Bag Passenger, Air Bag Side, Alarm, Alloy Wheels, Central Door Locking, Climate Control, Computer, Cruise Control, Electric Windows, Electronic Stability Programme, Exterior Lighting, Head Restraints, Headlamp Wash, Headlight Elevation, Immobiliser, In Car Entertainment, Power-Assisted Steering, Satellite Navigation, Seat Height Adjustment, Seats Electric, Seats Heated, Spare Wheel, Speakers, Steering Wheel Mounted Controls, Telephone Equipment, Traction Control System, Trafficmaster, Tyre Pressure Control, Upholstery Leather. 4 seats, £31,750

·
Registered
444 Posts
What's a chron black edition?

Thought they only made a premium and black edition?

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
What's a chron black edition?

Thought they only made a premium and black edition?
Forgive my poor grammar, corrected now...:p

Tabs why wouldn't people got for it?? Probably get that for 30k cash, bargain with full nissan service history as well, looks mint in silver

·
Premium Member
5,695 Posts
It's probably already sold. They get snapped up at that price as it become affordable for many. Also, whilst I have a 2010 car at stage 4.25 I would like more power and I could buy this, pick up a second hand exhaust from the forum and then pack it off to litchfields for an engine refresh, rod upgrade, ecutek and turbos for circa £10k and for not much more than my current car is worth now, I could have a refreshed and part forged engine and 800hp potential.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Forgive my poor grammar, corrected now...:p

Tabs why wouldn't people got for it?? Probably get that for 30k cash, bargain with full nissan service history as well, looks mint in silver

I've not seen any high mile 35 sell quickly.
I don't know what it is but generally lower mile cars sell better.

In another year that car could potentially have close to 100k on it.
Personably I would rather add a few ££££ and buy a lower mile example.

·
Registered
907 Posts
when i bought my MY11 i was thinking long and hard because is had 8800 miles on the clock and that was a little high for me i don't know if its just me being picky but 80k no way not for me.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
It's probably already sold. They get snapped up at that price as it become affordable for many. Also, whilst I have a 2010 car at stage 4.25 I would like more power and I could buy this, pick up a second hand exhaust from the forum and then pack it off to litchfields for an engine refresh, rod upgrade, ecutek and turbos for circa £10k and for not much more than my current car is worth now, I could have a refreshed and part forged engine and 800hp potential.
This.
Perfect trackday car candidate.

·
Registered
9,073 Posts
Stage 5 on Blade's car did 800bhp on standard engine! Did 840 at one stage but they wound it back a bit.

·
Premium Member
5,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any car make that will likely blow up once it's at 80k is a car I wouldn't touch
Too much scaremongering.
Wheres does it say at 80k a gtr is likely to blow up?? Not heard that one!

·
Registered
626 Posts
There's a lot of mileage snobs on here.... 30 years ago that sort of mileage might have been a problem but a well serviced car with decent engine parts and build quality..... what's the problem? I've done 22k in mine in 18 months, does this mean the car is going to blow up at any point. Brings me back to a previous thread of mine... garage queen or driven?

·
Premium Member
5,695 Posts
Stage 5 on Blade's car did 800bhp on standard engine! Did 840 at one stage but they wound it back a bit.

Ah yes but Blades car doesn't have 80k on the clock and he has said he prepared to push the engine a little more. When these engines go, which tends to be a rod, there have been a few cases where the rod is shot out the side of the block which in turn destroys other components in the engine bay.

I think an engine refresh is a sensible idea if you want to use the car for anything other than general use, in which case it makes sense to upgrade the rods. Well, my line of thinking anyway.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.