GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi chaps as i walked across London Bridge last night (19.00) on my way home I heard a familiar growl and turned to see a silver 33 pull up at the lights. The car sounded wonderful and managed to fire out a nice little blue flame as it shot under the bridge down Borough High Street. It had those Blue glow dials and a very loud single bore exhaust.

Just wondered if it was anyone from here ( J*** GTR) or if any one knows of the car. :D

·
Registered
694 Posts
Mystery GTR !

Ian,

Last week I was walking down Fenchurch Street on my way to the station to go home after work, I too heard that lovely growl and to my surprise a silver R33 GT-R cruised past ! the last part of the No plate was **** GTR I remember that much, I was curious to find out who it is too !

Someone out there must know !!

Shaun.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Mystery

Could be a guy who works in Marsh Wall, Docklands. I have seen him a few times but never managed to chat with him. I'll pin him down soon and bore him to death don't you worry.

glen

·
Registered
244 Posts
Was it you?

...... and while we're on the topic of 'was it you?' ...... does anybody want to lay claim to being one of the two black GTR's that were parked up having a chat in Garston/Watford (Herts) on Sunday morning??

I was in the dark purple GTR that beeped as I drove passed!

Alex

·
Registered
18 Posts
I own up guys. the silver r33's me:p

fenchurch st and london bridge are on my daily route home. got to admit the narrow st's and tall buildings around there enhance the growling sound:D and always good to hear the flame throwers working!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good work fella.

Yep she sounded good!

I also have those dials , but was unaware they looked so NASA looking to the passing pavement spectator!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Black R34

And I keep seeing a UK spec Black R34 around Kensington X7 xxx I think (or maybe X7 xxx) is the plate.

It looks great in black :)

Oh .. and I saw an R33 in Notting Hill a couple of nights ago, smiled at the guy but I was turning right and he was going straight on ...

They are everywhere :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Shin

No, it was a UK car (Middlehurst plates) and he has several other x** ??? plates too ... Aston Martin, NSX, etc.

·
Registered
961 Posts
just woundering!
in sept this year when brighton does the speed trails,
was any body here there coz there was a 32 i think in dark grey
pulling of some impresive times in the wet (might of had a big bore ex as well)? shame it was the only one!

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Joss,

Scoobynet has a nice little forum for "Was It You" can we not have something similar here, I'm sure a lot of spectators :D would find it useful.

On another note, Guys should we be posting full Reg numbers of the cars we see in the forum ?

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
good call Jason. I was wondering who owned the grey R32 that was coming into Derby on the A38 on sunday at 1.30 as I was on the way to an evo meet (in gtir [with chrisc] with evo 4 and cosworth 4 door in tow)
Dave

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hmm, I too think that a databse of owners would be useful, we could list ECU, boost controller, Turbos etc etc and then we could search the list for particular items and ask the owners questions about it. If the owner didnt want to receive questions, then just dont list the relevant items. Same goes with number plates, give the option to list it, if you dont want your full plate then just put something like R768 *** etc etc

Would this be an appropriate time for another vote!? (Or is this type of feature simply not possible with this forum system?)

Alex

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
Not to miss my point folks, I really meant to say, "I do not think we should post full registration details in the forum".

I'm not inclined to agree with the database thing either....

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
The database thing sounds good to me. The 'Was it you' section on the forum is good to, because call me sad if you want to, but sometimes when I have very little to do other than homework I will sit at the window looking to spot some very nice performance cars go past.
Of course I have NEVER seen a Skyline go past my house:(
I even have time to write the regestration plate down etc...

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Personally, I would not like to post my details on the website. It's very easy to find where owners live and then to start listing the specifics on their cars would be a great help to the local underemployed.

Personally, if you want to know what I've done to my car - come along to a meeting and ask me!

John

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Posting regs

Guys.
Under NO circumstances should we post our regs on here.
Try it for yourself and call into a certain place in wales to check up a reg number. believe me if you have a valid reason, for a small fee you can find out where that skyline is for the nick to order purpose.
Feel free if you want to post your regs to but I was shocked to see they gave out my last pulsar reg AND address so easily.!!!:mad:
If there is a posting a day later then the chancesa are you will remember where you were.
AS for the scoobys that must be a nightmare keeping track. Was it you? Which one? there are seven of the buggers in our car park alone. Way too common (and slow)
NLW 33

1 - 20 of 25 Posts