GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that i don't trust me local garage but my GTS has a HKS Blow off valve and i have noticed that there was oil streaks from the outlet of the valve.
Nothing much but i took it in for them to check this out and they said that its oil mist from the breather in the crank case. The breather vents the oil mist into the inlet so that it is burned off.

Is this true and normal operation or are they having me over ???

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I'd say if they were were having you over they'd try and sell you something to stop it or a new part to cure it..

nice to get some advice that doesn't cost anything..

get a second opinion from somone on the phone if you are still worried.

It does sound reasonable but then I'm a telephone engineer not a mechanic.

hth
Steve

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i thought the same but being that the car is still under warranty with them, maybe they would try and get away without doing anything to it.

instead of phone i thought i would try here first. it says it all below :D

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
It does sound about right to me but probably worth making a call as Steve says. If you are running higher than stock boost, she will breath a bit of oil especially if you're a little high on the stick....

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hi Ian,

it is correct, they divert oil into the inlet side of the turbo; 1 as a lubricant and 2 to get rid of it. This is why higher tuned engines use oil catch tanks. If you take off the pipe leading into the plenum you'll see quite a bit of oil built up around the inside of the pipes; thats normal.

Hope this helps.

Jason.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers Guys

Just me fussing again:p

jason did you get my E-mail / PM

Ian

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll change still learning to fuss pot then, What am i going to be like when i get me GTR :confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts