GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has recently (i.e. during the few times I've used it over the winter) been making a fairly loud squeak when changing 1st->2nd and 2nd->3rd gear when the car is cold. It only does this for the first few changes, then stops. It didn't used to do this, but that was during the warmer weather - I was wondering if anyone else's car does this, and should I be concerned?!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
My car used to do it, it just started one day and it never got worse over the next 25k miles, a clutch learn would not do any harm however and may be worth a try, has the tranny oil been changed yet?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's reassuring to know. I'm not sure about the transmission oil - when does that get changed normally? It has had every service up to the 42,000 mile one and is going in for its 48,000 mile service in a couple of weeks...

·
Registered
404 Posts
Mine does it too but I've not worried too much about it - I think it's fairly common.

Next transmission oil change is 54 months / 54k.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
That's reassuring to know. I'm not sure about the transmission oil - when does that get changed normally? It has had every service up to the 42,000 mile one and is going in for its 48,000 mile service in a couple of weeks...
Assuming the oil had not been overheated the first change would have been at 3 years or 36k.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Backing off the clutch touch points too much makes mine make that noise. And I'm due a fluid change too. I've learnt to ignore noises with the GTR. Spank it harder, she loves it. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts