1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, has anyone found or been told of a solution for brake
screeching at low speed braking? Mine are worse than ever at 2300 miles
not even a high speed run with lots of hard braking seems to cure it! Dealer
just told me to live with it, not very helpful when I drive through town and everyone looks round at the noise from the brakes. Am guessing this is an on going problem with any high performance braking system?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
just told me to live with it, not very helpful when I drive through town and everyone looks round at the noise from the brakes. Am guessing this is an on going problem with any high performance braking system?
That's about the size of it mate. Brakes that can stop you as if you had ran into a tree are always a little bit on the agricultural side.:p

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hello, this problem is inherent with the stock GT-R brake pads due to their material composition. Here is a post I had made on another forum about the same topic, as it can be resolved with a set of Carbotech Bobcat 1521 pads on a new set of rotors:

Hey guys, if you want the best of both world's (slightly better stopping power than factory along with no noise and less dust,) then you'll want to purchase a set of Carbotech 1521 Bobcat brake pads. These are Carbotech's entry level brake pad for street use, and our second best seller next to the XP12 track pads. Our clients rave about their great performance and quiet operation, not to mention they are very rotor friendly! Standard brake pads are made of iron and carbon, which form carbide. Carbide is used in metal cutting tools, so you can imagine what they do to your rotors! Carbotech uses a proprietary organic material that is lighter color than semi-metallic brake dust, and also has better heat tolerance properties, making it a win-win situation.

Here are our Carbotech front brake pads:
https://www.speedforsale.com/nissan...-p-699.html?osCsid=adkd3e4e47ecsbf74m35clbpj0

And here are the rears:
https://www.speedforsale.com/nissan...-p-700.html?osCsid=adkd3e4e47ecsbf74m35clbpj0

However, you should NOT put any brake pad on your stock rotors other than the stock pad, due to the fact that the stock rotors are already bedded with the stock pad's metallic material, and therefore will not mate (bed) properly with the new brake pad compound. So, we also offer a COMPLETE street brake package which includes AP Racing J-hook rotors front and rear, Carbotech 1521 Bobcat brake pads front and rear, a set of DOT approved stainless steel braided brake lines, and 2x bottles of Motul RBF600 DOT4 brake fluid for $2820 with FREE shipping:
https://www.speedforsale.com/nissan...p-1162.html?osCsid=adkd3e4e47ecsbf74m35clbpj0

We are a leading Carbotech dealer for the GT-R market, and are happy to help if anyone has any questions! For those of you who track your GT-R, we recommend the Carbotech XP12 brake pads. However, due to elevated levels of noise and dust some people will swap the pads back to the Carbotech 1521 Bobcats for street use, as the material from both of these pads will interchange on the same rotor with no need to lathe/cut/turn the rotors.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think the high speed braking needs to be more excessive. Mine was horiffic and I was starting to think the only answer would be swapping the pads. But .. I took the car to Oulton Park for a day, and now the brakes are silent! I guess you need to get them very very hot!

...Mad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts