GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help? Had bottom end rebuild done by Middlehurst 400 miles ago + new steel turbos. Running in at present...600 miles to go & counting. When I start the engine from cold I get a squeal from engine bay that is reminiscent of a failing "Mini" water pump from circa 30 years ago! It lasts at most 2 seconds. I will obviously mention it to Middlehurst when it goes back in for oil change..but in the meantime any ideas???

·
Registered
285 Posts
squeal

Hi Nedos,

Are you sure that squeal is from the engine bay and not your wallet????? :eek:

Hey.......it's no use talking about 30 years ago here........
most of these folks weren't born then, save that for the Old Git's section........... in fact, I'm waiting for your next comment over there, we're way down on page 2 now. :cool:

Chris

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What wallet????

Note the time Chris .....grandma said I could stay up tonight....you will not be able to resist that opening...zzzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
381 Posts
my dads car does it as well, think it something to do with the starter motor, cant really remember.

mark at abbey knows what it is.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Squealing

Squealing for a second or so on startup is almost certainly the starter motor... has happened to me twice. The culprit is usually the abrasive clutch dust mixing with the grease. A simple clean out and put back together usually does the trick.

Vincenzo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts