GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had some new pads fitted... cant remember what ones they were, but they were £130, so should be pretty good. The problem is, they squeek just before I come to a halt...

It's pretty annoying, cos its usually when I am at a set of lights, and as you all know, all eyes are on GODZILLA at the lights, and it's pretty embarrasing.

Is there anything I can do about it?

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Performance pads squeek...there is nothng you can do! If you notice they will only do it when you apply little pedal pressure, so you could brake harder and avoid this...

It adds to the sports car feel IMO so I don't find it much of a problem at all! :D

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Squeaky brakes!!

Been there my friend, could you tell me what pads you have? I had to ditch a jazzy expensive set of Carbon Met ones a couple of months a go for partly the same reason. They squealled at even the slowest of stops, also the pad material was to hard and warped my AP rotors (twice) :( !

Went back to the good old DS 2500s (after I had the rotor skimmed)! ran them in over 200 miles and tested them out at Dono with great results, no warping no squealling just bl88dy great stopping!

Stickwith the tried and tested I say!!

..Ian

·
Registered
322 Posts
I agree with DCD mine make a lot of squeeling if used lightly for
a few miles. I don't know why !

Best avoided.....

Weston

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
The STD pads have Squeal shims on them, but this is so that they squeak when you are running out of meat on the pads.

My DS 2500's squeak a bit but only when you are rolling up to a junction slowly, this is good because people who haven't seen you up until then look for the annoying noise !!:p

funny how some people like rattle jingling clutches and squeaky brakes, to me that is what a sports car sounds like, but then each to their own.

/Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts