GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noisy brakes are not normally the kind of thing i would bother to complain about but the one's on my car put a double decker bus to shame.
I assumed it would probably wear off after a few weeks but i was wrong! It only does it when you are driving pretty slow like pulling up somewhere but if its on a night it will wake my whole estate up im sure.
Anyone know why it is doing this and more importantly how do i stop it from doing it?

·
Administrator
31,757 Posts
very common.

obviously a bit of copperslip helps, but its also down to the type of pad etc.

only real way to stop it is to choose a different/tried and tested disc pad combo

afaik

mook

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cheers for the info. Guess i aint the only one with the problem then. Maybe i'll look into some new pads and at worst disks too.
Rattling twin plates and squeeky breaks do nothing for the image :p

·
Administrator
31,757 Posts
i fitted new pads a while back, bedded em in properly and all was silent...

but just recently, the squeel has returned.

i quite like it now, brakes are for stopping, who cares what noise they make.

besides, if i lived on a estate, you wouldnt hear the brakes for the exhaust note ;)

mook

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hehe, good point. mine is rather quiet at the mo as it has a racing cat on it still. Maybe i should just remove that to drown out the squeel ;)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Re-faced my V spec R32 discs and bunged Ferodo DS2500 (I think) pads in. After 200 - 300 miles of bedding in, they squeal like biatch on a banshee. This is mainly at low speed, medium to semi hot as the more I thrash her, the better the brakes = no squealing.

After coming from FCUK ALL brakes to preety decent gear now... I anit bovered AT ALL wot noise she makes!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts