GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put this in my car yesterday, and im REALLY happy with the result.
Just cant believe i didnt to this sooner.
Replaced almost all of the gauges in the car, my god what a good feeling that was.

I also kept all the warning lights from the stock cluster for: 4wd, high beam, indicator left / right, door open, handbrake, charge / battery.
Im going to remove the ABS, so didnt bother with that, i have also removed hicas completly so did not need warning light for that either.

Just need to re-calibrate the fuel level sensor, and make a bracket for speedo sensor.

Asim

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much did that cost mate just what im lookin for for my track 32:)
I bought it secondhand, but still new in the box. I paid 1000usd for it, comes with all sensors, except fuel level sensor, you use the stock one.

I think they retail for about 1500-2000usd.
In my opinion they are worth every cent.
Its got programmable warning for everything, oil pressure, fuel pressure, oil / water temp etc etc.

Shows peak values, you can have laptimes also.

Asim

·
Registered
60 Posts
speedo

Hi Asim, looks great. Im having constant troubles with my speedo/speedo cable, how do plan to connect the stock gtr speedo cable to Stack cluster?

My GTR just revs over 8000 rpm...:)

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Asim, looks great. Im having constant troubles with my speedo/speedo cable, how do plan to connect the stock gtr speedo cable to Stack cluster?

My GTR just revs over 8000 rpm...:)
Sampi,

I will be using the speedsensor ST670. And make a bracket at the rear of the gearbox. Will use the 4 bolts holding the propshaft as triggers.

Asim

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
Sampi,

I will be using the speedsensor ST670. And make a bracket at the rear of the gearbox. Will use the 4 bolts holding the propshaft as triggers.

Asim
Plus you can fine tune the speedo by setting the wheel size and rolling radius etc. I set mine and confirmed with a GPS and it's very accurate.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Plus you can fine tune the speedo by setting the wheel size and rolling radius etc. I set mine and confirmed with a GPS and it's very accurate.
Yes i know :) thats a very accurate reading after its been calculated properly.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just had a second look, did you not fancy a higher rev range?

Mine goes up to 10.5k

I must admit, I prefer the white face of your tho!
Rpm limit on my car is 7600rpm. So it covers my needs for a revcounter :)

Also, i dont like the way the 10.000rpm revcounter look, with 0-1-2-3000rpm very tight, and the rest spread evenly.

I also like the white face, looks nice.

Asim.

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
Ah that's cool, mine needs the 10k range.

Where did you mount the input buttons and what buttons did you use?
I'm going to change mine at some stage.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah that's cool, mine needs the 10k range.

Where did you mount the input buttons and what buttons did you use?
I'm going to change mine at some stage.
I put the buttons just below the digital timeclock.

Why change the buttons?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sampi,

Asim
Or you can just take the electrical speed sensor from a r34gtr and swap out the one that sits in your r32 wich is mechanical.
I did it but the other way around when i put my r34 getrag in my 32gtr.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Or you can just take the electrical speed sensor from a r34gtr and swap out the one that sits in your r32 wich is mechanical.
I did it but the other way around when i put my r34 getrag in my 32gtr.
Yes i know, but then i would have to buy the Puls Amplifier ST492, which is a pain in the ass to calibrate.

It is very easy to fabricate a new bracket, and use the sensor that i already have.

Asim :)

·
Registered
426 Posts
How hard is it to set up the fuel level, blinkers and speedo ect? I will be putting one of these in my track/street car and require the use of blinker lights and fuel level on the dash to keep it legal with the laws in australia. Definatly a great solution, looks alot better than 5 or 6 guages needed to monitor everything, and works out around the same coasts (as defi's+nismo cluster).

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How hard is it to set up the fuel level, blinkers and speedo ect? I will be putting one of these in my track/street car and require the use of blinker lights and fuel level on the dash to keep it legal with the laws in australia. Definatly a great solution, looks alot better than 5 or 6 guages needed to monitor everything, and works out around the same coasts (as defi's+nismo cluster).
Not difficult at all. You need to be comfortable with wiring.

The indicators and highbeam are +12v controlled. Which means, they have a constant earth, and get +12 when activated.

Warning for 4wd, abs, door open and battery / charge are - (earth) controlled. Which means the need a steady +12v supply, and get - (earth) when activated.

The battery / charge indicator gets earth from the alternator, and when alternator start to charge, the earth is disabled, and so is the warninglamp.

When you look at the backside of the stock gauge cluster, you can read on the printcard / plastic what each connector is for. Simply trace wiring back to the connector on the harness, and tap in to the corresponding wires.

I will be taking mine out for a last modification, if you want i can try to write down colorcode for each wire, took me a good few hours to sort out the wiring properly.

Asim

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
3,835 Posts
If you buy the SARD carbon surround it comes with a speed sensor to fit the R32 gearbox. Ditch the standard speedo cable.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts