GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got booked in for 1 pm tomorrow Litchfield canoot wait to see the difference, any one know what to expect by doing it?

Bobby

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ull av to let us know the difference bobby,
Av got stage 1 at the min but am booked in for nov to get the gearbox upgrade
Cant wait

·
Registered
414 Posts
You will love it fella I had mine done at litchfield a great bunch of guys and it will seem like a different car if you have the gearbox upgrade too :) have fun

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will post up tomorrow what i think of it, hope it's going to be all what everyone says it is.:chuckle:

Bobby

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Will definitely be big difference mate :) The latest ECUtek map is awesome with more map choices and the latest gearbox software is so much better too - the kangarooing is noticably reduced in full auto.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the difference, the uplift in performance is pretty significant.
Get some V-Power in there and then make sure it's on the 99map.

Enjoy it!

Protegimus

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yea, your gonna enjoy it bobbie..

Make sure you set the octane setting to 99, set the boost to maximum and fill up a full tank of V-power ;)

You will notice is HUGE difference in overall character of the car aswell as the sound and power :)

Im finally getting the MPSS tyres from sly by the end of this week so hoping to see a nice change in ride quality coming from the Dunlop runflats..

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
Yourl be smiling all the way home like a mad man.... Lol you ain't gunna go wrong with Lichfields stage one.... Best value upgrade in my opinion and licho and his team.... Puka guys

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Im finally getting the MPSS tyres from sly by the end of this week so hoping to see a nice change in ride quality coming from the Dunlop runflats..
Comfort has definitely improved by miles and so is wet grip. Cornering in dry doesn't feel as sharp but that I can live with :) Personally I think the road noise is less too.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Comfort has definitely improved by miles and so is wet grip. Cornering in dry doesn't feel as sharp but that I can live with :) Personally I think the road noise is less too.
I really cant wait.. Taking this beast into the city is sooo painful lol..

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Let me know how the transmission feels. Is it smooth and silky? Especially when coasting down from 4th to 1st in auto mode.
(I'm thinking stage 1 may make my trans issues go away)
:)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Let me know how the transmission feels. Is it smooth and silky? Especially when coasting down from 4th to 1st in auto mode.
(I'm thinking stage 1 may make my trans issues go away)
:)
I did a stage 4.25 map for a gent up in Scotland last week, the car already had stage 2 but no gearbox mapping (59 plate) so we did this at the same time.

He was impressed in the difference, the drive ability was much improved in all areas compared to the older software.

Even if not having any engine mapping this is definitely a worth while upgrade :)

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Not wanting to hijack the thread, but I've been struggling with a gearbox issue for a couple of years now.

I have a Cobb AP, and I've tried various TCM software and CC/TP settings, but I still have this issue. Which is, when coasting down in auto mode, 6 - 5 - 4 are seemless, 4 - 3 - 2 are notchy and sometimes clunky too. 1st is just 1st, which most people agree is a special case, like reverse.

It doesn't do it in manual mode.

Lot's of other people report the same issue on GTRLife forum in the states.

All my efforts seem to point to something mechanical, though software changes and CC/TP settings change the severity of the problem. Nothing makes it as silky in all gears as I remember it. (i.e. before buggering about with the software via Cobb AP).

Anyone having the same pain?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Not wanting to hijack the thread, but I've been struggling with a gearbox issue for a couple of years now.

I have a Cobb AP, and I've tried various TCM software and CC/TP settings, but I still have this issue. Which is, when coasting down in auto mode, 6 - 5 - 4 are seemless, 4 - 3 - 2 are notchy and sometimes clunky too. 1st is just 1st, which most people agree is a special case, like reverse.

It doesn't do it in manual mode.

Lot's of other people report the same issue on GTRLife forum in the states.

All my efforts seem to point to something mechanical, though software changes and CC/TP settings change the severity of the problem. Nothing makes it as silky in all gears as I remember it. (i.e. before buggering about with the software via Cobb AP).

Anyone having the same pain?
Maybe worth going in a car with the latest version to see if is more like what you are after?

·
Registered
107 Posts
In mid November I also have my newly acquired 2010 GT-R (non MY10) booked in with Lichfield for servicing and 2012 gearbox software plus stage 1 to compliment the Milltek y-pipe the car already has.

Hardly had chance to drive the car since I had it. But will be strapping the vbox on it before and after for comparison!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts