unmodified but for boost at 1bar

After:
as Before, but add
Apexi Induction Kit
De-kat pipe
Trust Downpipe
Dual Drager exhaust

Data is off Abbey's Dynapack - so at axle
I thought the most interesting part was the change in the shape of the torque curve....(of course the overall improvement is also satisfying :D )

cheers

Harry

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Nice improvement Harry, very noticeable on the road no doubt! Something tells me you're not making over 1000ft/lbs of torque though, what's that all about? :)

Peter.

3,665 Posts
torque figures

PE,

the dyno reads the torque at the axle so the figure is multiplied
by the axle ratio[ gearbox and diffs are torque multipliers]
So divided the axle torque by the diff ratio as we run the car in 4th gear 1-00 gear ratio you get the flywheel torque.

Mark

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Peter

ratio is 4.11 I believe

giving torque of:

before peak is 263ft/lb at 4500

after peak is 274ft/lb at 4200

Mark - trust I got this right :)

cheers

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jae - re power - you're right (you can see it in the torque curve)

I dont know why though?

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Harry,

I would guess it's as the wastegate starts opening, looks like you've now got better boost control to me although your torque still dips a bit at about 5k. May be think about a boost controller next....

Peter.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Peter - the shopping list gets longer all the time....:)

re the dip - have also seen other flatter curves from a remap...damn...add a programable ECU to the list also

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
At the hubs, not wheels so transmission losses will be less than at the wheels. Stacks up to me.

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Errr, tyres. I'm sure Abbey would have an idea how much rolling resistance these will give you. My guess is that it will be relatively significant though....

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Regardless of that, most stage 1 cars make anywhere from 370 to, in one case (SteveC), 415bhp. Normal transmission losses on chassis dynos seems to come out between 120 and 135bhp. So add to 280 a slightly lesser tranmssion loss of say 100bhp, you're back to the norm, 380bhp. As I said, it stacks up to me. :)

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
OK then. A fairly typical stage 1 car would be like Harry's, have a look at the first post in this thread. SteveC's car made 415bhp with more or less the same spec list.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts