GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to thank Matt at TRL for the great job he did on my GTR. The first dyno run the car made 515 Bhp. After he got to work it made a health 612.5 Bhp. The car has been transformed on the road, only problem iv got now is I need better brakes. Great friendly service from that I would recommend.

·
Premium Member
3,225 Posts
Matt is a good guy and I'm sure that The Racing Line is going to expand it's GTR client base as soon as more people become familiar with their tuning expertise using the Dyno Dynmics rolling road to optimise the tune for each individual car as opposed to sticking on a generic map.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Great result, I thought intakes were required to go above 600bhp

·
Running 1308BHP @ hubs
293 Posts
Matt is a good guy and I'm sure that The Racing Line is going to expand it's GTR client base as soon as more people become familiar with their tuning expertise using the Dyno Dynmics rolling road to optimise the tune for each individual car as opposed to sticking on a generic map.
Totally agree with you there Barry, I am more than happy with the service I received from TRL and Matt has years of tuning experience he also only books in one tune a day so he can take his time with it, good to see another happy TRL customer !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for your business, It was a pleasure having you with us.

Did you and the Mrs Enjoy your stay at our local Hotel, The Tower House?

How was your visit to blackpool?

Anders yes anything much over 600 bhp will need Larger Intakes.
There was some headroom in the MAFS left on this tune. I run logs all the time and Monitor all the data.

Kind Regards

Matt

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
612.5 seems high for stage 1...? Most of us with Stage 2 and full cat back get 590-595 . I understand (again my limited knowledge) without injectors and intakes it is hard and/or dangerous to go above this as injectors are at 100% duty cycle and hence like Iain L stage 4 you get intakes and injectors to get to 620 BHP.

I met the guys at TRL at rolling road day and seemed very nice bunch but interesting figures (might bring back the old rolling roads are all different converation - Over to you Mr Yu ;-).

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Why was the earlier post deleted? I though it was valid and was waiting for a response.
If it gets approved it will be reinstated. Posts like that from low posters often start shit storms that we have to sort out. It was a duplicate as well.

If it's valid it will return.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
What was the difference in WHP between the before and after?

Do you have the air temperature and an air fuel ratio curve?

Whilst you're happy, the car might not be in winter and/or at sustained high boost, or the gains might be being stated optimistically.

There is no free lunch, yet these figures suggest there is.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts