GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
It will be worse as you'll be using all the power available. Mine is worse anyway. If you tickle around using no boost then yes a small improvement. But who does that.

·
Registered
723 Posts
If you want some improvement, use ECO map if you have it in your custom map...
I have 3 slots in my custom map, 0 is ECO (ca 7 psi), 1 is stock boost 11psi and 2 is 14 psi map...
I drive it on ECO map sometimes while in the city, car is lazy like a cow (throttle response slow, boost max to 7 psi), but it improves fuel consumption cause you cannot burn the fuel actually...
But when I drive it on high boost map, I want to use power even more than before so fuel consumption gets worse...
Theoretically, consumption would be better if you would not exceed stock boost cause of leaner mixture in tuned map...but I think it's just theory...

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
thanks for that, are you pleased you had it done
?
I did the upgrade for other reasons, fuel consumption was a bonus :clap:

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Drove back from Spa-Francorchamps to the tunnel in one tank of fuel, 248miles, and still had a range indicating another 45miles, with no yellow low fuel warning light.
That was mostly using the "save" mode, on a stg4, using the 99 ecutek map /full boost. Could have got alot more if i stuck to 75mph ;)

·
Vendor
787 Posts
David, if you are driving the car sensibly you will see a fuel consumption improvement with our Stage 1 upgrade. We also have a ECO mode map which is slightly better on fuel and is similar to the Save mode already on the 2011 GTR around town.

If you have any questions just give us a call

Regards

Iain

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Iain Hi, its David from Oxford i.m booked in on Monday want the stage 1 resonated ,just getting some feedback
cheers
David

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Drove back from Spa-Francorchamps to the tunnel in one tank of fuel, 248miles, and still had a range indicating another 45miles, with no yellow low fuel warning light.
That was mostly using the "save" mode, on a stg4, using the 99 ecutek map /full boost. Could have got alot more if i stuck to 75mph ;)
that's good information thank you:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts