GTR Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
@smigzy gtr..yea good solid stage one there.420/430 bhp out of that..!

@Gogs..iv heard of wallace before.mostly good reports too,think adam kindness on here uses them aswell.im sure they have a dastek rolling road up there can be known to read abit low.Either way injectors should not be maxing at that power..take it back up to them and ask them to check over and tweak the map.Shouldnt cost much:)

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm making similar whp as Gogs. Made 310bhp on a hub based dyno.
Mods are HKS filters, ARC intercooler, apexi downpipes, unknown exhaust and PFC with boost set to 1 bar. Only thing left is cat still in place.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
dont think the standard intercooler is good for 600 :nervous:
The Australian touring car championship winning R32 GT-R's were using standard intercoolers at 650 bhp and boost pressures up to 1.9 bar. Obviously not stage 1 but you can see that the standard IC's not too bad ;)

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Old thread I know, with regards to the std ecu, am I correct in saying it's not mapable? What's the best option?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Old thread I know, with regards to the std ecu, am I correct in saying it's not mapable? What's the best option?
From the very limited knowlege I have: I think the standard ECU is somewhat mappable but I think it's very very limited in comparison to an aftermarket ECU. You can 'flash' it (I think) but that'd more of a generic map as opposed to a tune which is tailored to your specific car, mods etc. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I'm sure you've heard of lots of aftermarket ECU's. Most usually go with the Link G4, myself included. A cheaper option(?) is a Nistune ECU which I believe is a daughter board so you still use your standard ECU but the Nistune allows it to be fully tuned. Not entirely educated on Nistune but I have heard it's cheaper than a Link or equivalent.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
From the very limited knowlege I have: I think the standard ECU is somewhat mappable but I think it's very very limited in comparison to an aftermarket ECU. You can 'flash' it (I think) but that'd more of a generic map as opposed to a tune which is tailored to your specific car, mods etc. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I'm sure you've heard of lots of aftermarket ECU's. Most usually go with the Link G4, myself included. A cheaper option(?) is a Nistune ECU which I believe is a daughter board so you still use your standard ECU but the Nistune allows it to be fully tuned. Not entirely educated on Nistune but I have heard it's cheaper than a Link or equivalent.
Thanks for your input, most appreciated.

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
The Australian touring car championship winning R32 GT-R's were using standard intercoolers at 650 bhp and boost pressures up to 1.9 bar. Obviously not stage 1 but you can see that the standard IC's not too bad ;)
I know this was posted 8 years ago, but that isn't entirely true. In an interview with Fred Gibson (who ran Nissan Motorsport Australia and the GT-R campaign) admitted to 'bending' the rules buy putting custom intercoolers into Nismo boxes and sneaking them through the rules.
A standard intercooler is good up to about 450hp before the intake temps start to get a bit nasty

·
Registered
410 Posts
+1 on Nistune, with basic mods it's perfectly adequate.

Link is better but obviously more costly, however if you can afford it I would definitely recommend it, the safety features alone are worth their weight in gold.

·
Registered
390 Posts
A standard intercooler is good up to about 450hp before the intake temps start to get a bit nasty
Is that at the hubs or flywheel bhp? Guess we'll find out as I'm aiming for something close to 500 wheel hp on a stock intercooler. I don't and won't ever be tracking my car though.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts