GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do you get 100hp gain with the former and only 40-50hp with the latter with the same tune?

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Because the later car is already running more boost etc than the 09/10 car there for the early cars get a perceived larger power hike but the en figures will likely be similar

09/10 stage 1 = 473bhp up to 590 ish
11/12 stage 1 = 530bhp up to 590 ish

·
Registered
326 Posts
Stage 1 my11 with dp made 569 wheel horse power, which is around 630-640 flywheel power I have dyno graphs and video as proof.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Stage 1 my11 with dp made 569 wheel horse power, which is around 630-640 flywheel power I have dyno graphs and video as proof.

put all your mods on an 09 should be the same identical long motor isn't it afaik ?

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
put all your mods on an 09 should be the same identical long motor isn't it afaik ?
The larger turbo suction pipes on the 2012+ will give more top end.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Yep, but the costs aren't worth the (minor) gains.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Can the stock injectors flow enough to support 630-640bhp? I thought they were right on the limit at 590.

***Just spotted DP's as well. Makes more sense now ***

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Can the stock injectors flow enough to support 630-640bhp? I thought they were right on the limit at 590.

***Just spotted DP's as well. Makes more sense now ***
Adding Downpipes doesn't mean more fuel flow so the answer is still no.

Takamo/Team Khan's MY11 makes some impressive figures, especially considering it's claimed to be a stage 1 car with DPs, which effectively makes it a custom tune and not a stage 1 car.

I do wonder if it had been fiddled with before they got it, because it's producing way above what you'd expect.
Over 600bhp on stock injectors is a bit risky.

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
Adding Downpipes doesn't mean more fuel flow so the answer is still no.

Takamo/Team Khan's MY11 makes some impressive figures, especially considering it's claimed to be a stage 1 car with DPs, which effectively makes it a custom tune and not a stage 1 car.

I do wonder if it had been fiddled with before they got it, because it's producing way above what you'd expect.
Over 600bhp on stock injectors is a bit risky.
We had the car checked prior to getting the stage one upgrade by iain at Litchfields because the car was very quick for a stock car with only milteck Y Pipe and after a check iain said it was untouched and had stock map which to be honest surprised us because it felt very strong. After having 102mm downpipes and we fitted K&N panel filters and a remap to the Litchfield stage one the car improved emensly, we made 569whp which with transmission loss equates to around 653.21bhp with 588lb of torque and ran 10.7 at the pod which gob smacked us and others, we even had doubts on the dyno results so had 5 other stock (my13) and modified Litchfield and svm cars dyno'd on the same dyno under the same setting's and conditions and my car made more power than four of them and ran mine again at the same time. One of the svm cars made a tad more power then mine because his was a 650R running on meths and mine was running pump fuel (tesco 99). We were as baffled as anyone else... Can't understand it either

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We had the car checked prior to getting the stage one upgrade by iain at Litchfields because the car was very quick for a stock car with only milteck Y Pipe and after a check iain said it was untouched and had stock map which to be honest surprised us because it felt very strong. After having 102mm downpipes and we fitted K&N panel filters and a remap to the Litchfield stage one the car improved emensly, we made 569whp which with transmission loss equates to around 653.21bhp with 588lb of torque and ran 10.7 at the pod which gob smacked us and others, we even had doubts on the dyno results so had 5 other stock (my13) and modified Litchfield and svm cars dyno'd on the same dyno under the same setting's and conditions and my car made more power than four of them and ran mine again at the same time. One of the svm cars made a tad more power then mine because his was a 650R running on meths and mine was running pump fuel (tesco 99). We were as baffled as anyone else... Can't understand it either
That's a freak of a car right there! What duty were the injectors running at?

·
Registered
6,564 Posts
indigo did a 10.9 in a stage 2 09 car aswell
Awsome time, we are hoping to get it down to a 10.6 this weekend at the japshow because normally the prepare the track better on the japshow, we still had some spin off the line even with lowered tyre pressures and MPSS's so all going well God willing of course with the rite conditions we should knock off a point or two

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Awsome time, we are hoping to get it down to a 10.6 this weekend at the japshow because normally the prepare the track better on the japshow, we still had some spin off the line even with lowered tyre pressures and MPSS's so all going well God willing of course with the rite conditions we should knock off a point or two
Your car is making me think that there is no point in going Stage 4 anymore!

I am going to try to make it down this weekend to the Jap Show - work permitting. If you don't mind doing so - maybe you can do a run or 2 in my car just as a comparison? Obviously you are just awesome at launching the car and putting the power down, so lets see if it is the driver or do you really have a freak car?

If your time in your car is quicker than in mine - I'm detuning to Stage 1 with DP!!! :runaway:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts