GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The jump from standard to stage 1 was real value for money.

Rather than faff about with small increases for big £'s I reckon that a jump from stage 1 to stage 4 would be the next logical step but for those that have already done it can I ask your honest opinion and ask it worth it? Is there any data out there that compares acceleration times?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
there is a video litchfields done on the a runway comparing the cars ;-)

stage 1-4 Is a big difference..

to save money go direct to stage 4, were are you located ?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Hmm, doesn't anyone ever ask how much more stress each Stage puts on the engine/transmission and how much it shortens the life of the components and how does each Stage deal with reliability of the car?
I would be interested in this...

·
Registered
429 Posts
Hmm, doesn't anyone ever ask how much more stress each Stage puts on the engine/transmission and how much it shortens the life of the components and how does each Stage deal with reliability of the car?
I would be interested in this...
I think people instictively trust tuners such as Litchfield and SVM regarding safety and longevity........I certainly had zero issues with my stage four car......oh tell a lie...the only issue was that it was outrageously fast!

·
Registered
723 Posts
I think people instictively trust tuners such as Litchfield and SVM regarding safety and longevity........I certainly had zero issues with my stage four car......oh tell a lie...the only issue was that it was outrageously fast!
I'm not telling they should not be trusted, I just wonder how much these mods affect the OEM components and at which stage the changing of some of the "hardware" is a must.
I have kind of Stage 2 on my car too, so I am not against modding:wavey:

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
It's like anytime you deviate from OEM, you will shorten the life. How you look after the car will determine how long things last.
I've been Stage 4 for 1 year and around 9000 miles, with ZERO issues.
If you're genuinely worried about the stress on the components, then check out the Litchfield Warranty/Care Plan. Head down there, get the Stage 4 done, and the warranty. Drive back in the knowledge you're looked after.

·
Registered
808 Posts
there is a video litchfields done on the a runway comparing the cars ;-)

stage 1-4 Is a big difference..

to save money go direct to stage 4, were are you located ?
Do you have a link to the video Jurgen ?

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
The compromise on longevity is a pointless open question.

No one know knows how long any car will really last, so to ask how much its longevity will be affected is equally impossible to answer.

You could destruction test 1000 engines I suppose and take an average, then do the same with each of the stages and compare the figures. Who has the money to do that?

The reality is it will increase wear on internal engine and drivetrain components, but so far the standard stages don't reduce life below the typical lifetime of the car in terms of simple wear and tear. If a failure occurs due to obvious poor modification I'm sure the tuner would stand behind their work but failures are rarely pin pointable on one component or modification, and there may be little way of knowing it wasn't about to fail anyway.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The video shows the stock car keeping pace with one of the 600+ cars whilst the other disappears into the distance :confused:

If the faster of the three cars is stage 4 then I'm sold :D

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
The video shows the stock car keeping pace with one of the 600+ cars whilst the other disappears into the distance :confused:

If the faster of the three cars is stage 4 then I'm sold :D
yup I will do you good deal if you fancy a drive to Newcastle mate, but sort your gbox out with MH first,.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The jump from standard to stage 1 was real value for money.

Rather than faff about with small increases for big £'s I reckon that a jump from stage 1 to stage 4 would be the next logical step but for those that have already done it can I ask your honest opinion and ask it worth it? Is there any data out there that compares acceleration times?
The video shows my stock 2011 530BHP (camera car) against Middlehurst's 2010 M16 550BHP against Webber's 2009 Lichfield stage 4 630BHP.

To be fair, the M16 did jump the gun slightly, and Webber didn't launch.

Directly because of this, I went straight to stage 4+ (inc downpipes, Asnu 1100cc injectors and intakes etc and a little tweak from Ben at GTC) and later we ran a couple of side by side comparisons (down a private motorway!) and was pleased to report that my new setup 650BHP (635bhp on dyno) managed to turn the tables on my mate Webber! (so now it's his turn to get his wallet out!!) :wavey:

·
Registered
808 Posts
there you go ;-)

might have a good deal for you if your interested martin
I am just about to start to fit the stage 4 bits myself with the help of my friends garage. But I am interested in getting the circlips and upgraded bell housing fitted is that something you can do, supply and fit ? PM me a price if its possible.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Does anyone have a similar video but with a stage 5 car involved?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts