GTR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
So just returned from JRM where I was privileged to have a tour of the facility and see one of the mighty GT3s being built. The guys were great sports, showed me all the parts and answered all my questions. I think my shell and cage are almost identical to the GT3 and there is no more weight really to take out of it in that respect. The build quality is crazy and we got a few ideas for the finishing touches on my GTR (Single wiper...got to have it...cooling, electronics placement). I got to see a GT3 Carbon dash and GT3 doors as mine have not arrived yet....wild looking. I will also have carbon bonnet/roof/boot/wings and full rear quarter. JRM GT3 plastic rear and quarter windows.

All creature comforts and non essentials are gone including heater/handbrake/standard Dash/OE Display/air con/radio/half the wiring loom...etc

Anyway.... been invited back next Wednesday when the car is finished to accompany them to an airfield for the cars shakedown. This time I will not get so excited that I forget to take any real photos.

So the GT3 is 1300kg as the minimal weight. There is a little more they could take out but that would put them under the minimal regs. I am pretty positive now my car will be sub 1400kg (how much is the million dollar question)....the big weight difference being the 4WD and gearbox type of stuff. My GTR will have 1000hp...not quite Martins 1200hp.

Some photos of my build and hopefully of the GT3 next week...

Looking good so far :popcorn:

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Your right Graham... cut out...weld the brackets..source the parts.
:chuckle: been waiting for a proper build like this, will be mental!

Amazing Ant, just amazing.

This is going to be bonkers on track. :)
Oh yes, but lets see him bring it on "the tour" ;)

·
Registered
196 Posts
:chuckle: been waiting for a proper build like this, will be mental!

Oh yes, but lets see him bring it on "the tour" ;)
Should be a little scary to say the least...Whole new GTR experience

Already bought my ear defenders and thermals....kind of thinking of putting it on a truck to take it to Germany instead of driving it.....

Ant is the car likely to be finished in time for the Pembrey Sprint?
Not sure now as to Iain's dismay I keep upping the spec. Car should be done end of month-ish. However the full rear quarters in Carbon will not have arrived and the standard ones have been removed. Do I need them for the sprint? lol

Ive heard it still months off.

Goldie
You may be spot on, but I want it done right. Itching though

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Should be a little scary to say the least...Whole new GTR experience

Already bought my ear defenders and thermals....kind of thinking of putting it on a truck to take it to Germany instead of driving it.....

:) I would as well

·
Registered
196 Posts
Todays weight saving has arrived. Motec C187 colour display/logger....this little baby can do everything. This will replace the OE clocks/display and be mounted flush in the Carbon GT3 DASH. Not straight forward as the standard clocks feed back several channels to the CAN that will have to be replicated by connecting directly to the C187. However with the help of reverse engineering from Motec Australia and configuration and support from RaceData Systems this should be achievable. C187 can replicate all information from the CAN and display in many user configurable ways. There will also be a second CAN for the motorsport gear including suspension pot logging and tyre temp monitoring at 8 points across the tyre.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Todays weight saving has arrived. Motec C187 colour display/logger....this little baby can do everything. This will replace the OE clocks/display and be mounted flush in the Carbon GT3 DASH. Not straight forward as the standard clocks feed back several channels to the CAN that will have to be replicated by connecting directly to the C187. However with the help of reverse engineering from Motec Australia and configuration and support from RaceData Systems this should be achievable. C187 can replicate all information from the CAN and display in many user configurable ways. There will also be a second CAN for the motorsport gear including suspension pot logging and tyre temp monitoring at 8 points across the tyre.

Geektastic post ant. Great build, hope to see it soon.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Are you a millionaire? Can't wait to see all the pictures once she's finished
I wish......just a passionate GTR lover like the rest of us.

Thought I would post another couple of photos and give a better idea of the size of the display compared to standard and then the intended location on the new Dash. The second photo is the dash that (SHOULD) arrive next week complete with centre console and flocking....The new colour Motec display will be mounted where the old Motec display is, but will be flush...

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
absolutely nuts Ant :bowdown1::bowdown1::bowdown1: I saw your car when I was down at Iain's a couple of weeks ago. Proper serious piece of work now mate :eek:

81 - 100 of 118 Posts