GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, I am sure this has been discussed many times here, but I can't seem to find anything on the old search. If there is topics, I would appreciate if someone could show me the link.

I've had the Nissan GTR for about 6 months now and decided I need to treat it to a service and I've got the itch for some more power.

I see there is three options, Litchfield, SVM and Middlehurst. All options look pretty much the same in terms of what you're getting, although I am sure many people here have gone for different companies for some reason or another. I would like to hear your thoughts!

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
If you don't plan on tuning to higher levels later on then it really makes little difference.
Personally I'd use whoever is closer.

SVM and Litchfield are good choices.
Middlehurst are a Nissan place so won't tune the car more.
Kaizer Motor is an approved Litchfield GT-R tech in the South-East of England and comes highly reccomended.

I used Kaizer Motor and couldn't fault Sly's work.
So much easier than driving all the way from London to Litchfield.

·
Registered
117 Posts
We do the tuning to the same stages as Litchfield, the same maps from Iain etc. We can custom tune also.

Yes it does affect your Nissan warranty and I will make sure the customer is fully aware of this and understands the implication. Our own extended warranty (not the Nissan cared 4) will cover a stage 1 upgrade.

John

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
I use Kaizer/Sly for servicing and mods, he is rather good.

Everything bar the Y-Pipe voids a nissan warranty from what I can make out.
Depends on the warranty work... Nissan has happily replaced headlamps (under warranty) even though I am stage 4. They also offered to do the bellhousing, but I chose Litchfield solution with Sly fitting as he was MUCH quicker.

So some stuff is still covered...

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
We do the tuning to the same stages as Litchfield, the same maps from Iain etc. We can custom tune also.

Yes it does affect your Nissan warranty and I will make sure the customer is fully aware of this and understands the implication. Our own extended warranty (not the Nissan cared 4) will cover a stage 1 upgrade.

John
How much is your extended warranty? Does it cover MFD/Stereo?

·
Premium Member
5,707 Posts
I think it all comes down to location. Build the relationship with those closest. Rod did me some good work and good pricing when I had an R32 and know he does the R35 too - I have heard excellent things about sly at Kaiser. That is probably where I would go if I was you.

That said, no personal experience of SRD although I believe it is their R35 intercooler I lust for on mine. So could be worth a look

·
Premium Member
5,707 Posts
Our gtr has litchfield stage 1 currently.... looking to go up to stage 2 in near future.

Charlotte x

Forget stage 2, go straight to stage 4 and smile :D

·
Premium Member
2,531 Posts

John
Do you have a price structure for the stage upgrades and what parts are needed ?? And is there a gtroc members discount :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts