GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I currently have a litchfield stage 1 and I am thinking of getting a stage 3 with down pipes or a straight stage 4 as I would like to have the bell housing mod done if I go for a stage 3 but it would have to wait if I went for the stage 4 as Christmas is looming lol , my car is booked in at litchfields to have the mpss fitted in November so will have the worked carried out then :) has anyone had anything smillar done ? Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
3 is pointless as you are right at the top of the injector capacity which is not ideal.
So give stage 3 a miss, fit the bigger injectors and go straight to stage 4.

Or stick at 2. :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3 is pointless as you are right at the top of the injector capacity which is not ideal.
So give stage 3 a miss, fit the bigger injectors and go straight to stage 4.

Or stick at 2. :)
Thanks ct and yep I can see your point about maxing the injectors
Do the down pipes make much of a difference on the stage 4 ?

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Apparently so, but I never took my stage 4 car that far as I wanted it legal for emmissions and MOTs.
They sound better too.

Changing the Y pipe loses half the CATs, changing the downpipes loses the other half.

I suspect most of the cars on here highly tuned with downpipes will fail any exhaust emmission check.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently so, but I never took my stage 4 car that far as I wanted it legal for emmissions and MOTs.
They sound better too.

Changing the Y pipe loses half the CATs, changing the downpipes loses the other half.

I suspect most of the cars on here highly tuned with downpipes will fail any exhaust emmission check.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Downpipes are great, but they make a lot of noise, so if you non-res ypipe its going to be even louder. If you dont get the rear section of the exhaust done, you will get "booming" (at 67-72mph and yes it gets very annoying on long trips).

I have stage 4.25 (with panel filters, not the full intakes) and chose to get a silenced ypipe and keep the downpipes :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks graham I already have the Y pipe fitted and I don't mind the noise as its a weekend toy when I get the chance to drive it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Thanks graham I already have the Y pipe fitted and I don't mind the noise as its a weekend toy when I get the chance to drive it :thumbsup:
Mine is the same, weekend toy.... also tracks dont like it, mine was above the 106db limit at Silverstone.

·
Registered
462 Posts

Got mine done, boy its loud so my neighbors tell me, Im just having a resonator fitted to cut it back a bit but its certainly impressive

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Lol @ downpipes getting downgraded :p

As Richard said even at stage II you're getting close to maxing the injectors so for me stage III is pointless. Might as well go straight to stage IV.

From a cost perspective also better to do mulitple changes in one jump to keep mapping costs down also.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lol @ downpipes getting downgraded :p

As Richard said even at stage II you're getting close to maxing the injectors so for me stage III is pointless. Might as well go straight to stage IV.

From a cost perspective also better to do mulitple changes in one jump to keep mapping costs down also.

Cheers sambo , I think I will be going to the stage 4 but the upgraded bell housing will have to wait as getting the new mpss , stage 4 and pwpro wrap is going to wipe my budget lol

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Cheers sambo , I think I will be going to the stage 4 but the upgraded bell housing will have to wait as getting the new mpss , stage 4 and pwpro wrap is going to wipe my budget lol
Well you're in good hands with Litcho and Paul :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts