GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys/gals,

If we have two identical cars, let's say a 67 reg, 10k miles, recaro edition R35 and one has a stage 4.25 tune and the other is a full LM800, what would be the market value for the two?

Trying to settle a debate so interesting to see your guys thoughts.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
the turbos from the LM800 will command a premium - assuming the guy you are selling to wants a tuned car....
As he is 'saving' the engine out costs and turbo exchange costs and most crucially - time to get the job done.
Surely there must be a premium to buying a car pre tuned...
LM800 i think has the race IC, or at least the superstock IC... no?
again, time = money.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the turbos from the LM800 will command a premium - assuming the guy you are selling to wants a tuned car....
As he is 'saving' the engine out costs and turbo exchange costs and most crucially - time to get the job done.
Surely there must be a premium to buying a car pre tuned...
LM800 i think has the race IC, or at least the superstock IC... no? again, time = money.
Yes mate the LM800 has the LM Intercooler. What would you say then is the price of a 2017 recaro with 10k miles and the full LM800 with full akrapovic exhaust? £70k? £75k? £80k? Less/more?

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
sorry to sound a pain, but, its what someone is wanting to pay for it...
The Akra kit is like £5k?
LM800 kit, well, thats like £12k?

So id knock 1/3 off for mods, so £17k spent becomes £12k

then Whatever a MY17 is going for with those miles on,...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry to sound a pain, but, its what someone is wanting to pay for it...
The Akra kit is like £5k?
LM800 kit, well, thats like £12k?

So id knock 1/3 off for mods, so £17k spent becomes £12k

then Whatever a MY17 is going for with those miles on,...
Not a pain at all mate. I get ultimately it's what someones willing to pay for but I was just looking for a fair market value. Long debate over the differences of stock, 4.25, lm800 in terms of resale value and I just wanted to find out what others thought on here. That's pretty much where I got although I said around £10k for the mods rather than £12k with a stock car being circa £67.5k so around £77.5k give or take.

Appreciate the feedback mate.

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
Not a pain at all mate. I get ultimately it's what someones willing to pay for but I was just looking for a fair market value. Long debate over the differences of stock, 4.25, lm800 in terms of resale value and I just wanted to find out what others thought on here. That's pretty much where I got although I said around £10k for the mods rather than £12k with a stock car being circa £67.5k so around £77.5k give or take.

Appreciate the feedback mate.
If you want, I will swap you my 2017 turbos and some cash for your EFR6758's ? ;)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes mate the LM800 has the LM Intercooler. What would you say then is the price of a 2017 recaro with 10k miles and the full LM800 with full akrapovic exhaust? £70k? £75k? £80k? Less/more?
Funnily enough there's one on the market for £67K and I'll be viewing it today with a view to making an offer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts