GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I have a Litchfield stage 4.25 EBA MY17, is it normal to have more fuel smell with the downpipes?

The only difference I have to a standard 4.25 is the stock rear titanium exhaust, so I only have the Milltek downpipes and Y pipe.

All the best,

MOD

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have a Litchfield stage 4.25 EBA MY17, is it normal to have more fuel smell with the downpipes?

The only difference I have to a standard 4.25 is the stock rear titanium exhaust, so I only have the Milltek downpipes and Y pipe.

All the best,

MOD
I am about to get the same from Litchfield with my EBA, what sort of power did you get? Wondering how restrictive keeping the stock rear exhaust is. Also are you happy with the exhaust note?

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
V8 Ecutek removes petrol smell for decat R35s?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I am about to get the same from Litchfield with my EBA, what sort of power did you get? Wondering how restrictive keeping the stock rear exhaust is. Also are you happy with the exhaust note?
Stock exhaust wont restrict it at all, just done EBA and it went 6.1 100-200kmh pretty much the same as they do with either a 90 or 102mm will be over 680hp

·
Registered
66 Posts
Had my MY17 Stage 4.25 and kept the titanium rear exhaust section. Car made 661bhp and 604lbf.ft
With exhaust valve closed it is really quiet almost like stock. With the valve open it is fairly loud. The sound now is really nice.

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
V8 Ecutek removes petrol smell for decat R35s?
I don't think anything can. I just think the v8 can be better configured as a previous thread (dudusvr) mentioned that it allows configuration that will produce less smoke.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think the v8 is obviously the best and latest version, but I know a few who have said they still have petrol smell. It’s as soon as you lose the cats from the down pipes, I don’t think there’s much you can do. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mines smells like I’m about to board a rocket ship when I stand behind mine. That’s litchfield 4.25 and leaves lovely carbon deposits on my lovely white wrap 😂 need tar remover to get off

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Mines smells like I’m about to board a rocket ship when I stand behind mine. That’s litchfield 4.25 and leaves lovely carbon deposits on my lovely white wrap 😂 need tar remover to get off
How about getting a sports Cat? Keep the back of the white R35 clean, mines black so it all blends in! 😂

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a MY17 EBA and running the 4.25 upgrade.
When I first got it I thought i had a fuel leak the smell of fuel was that bad in my garage after a drive out! and the soot deposits on the rear were driving me crazy up until I got it ceramic coated.
So pretty standard issue I guess.
I was speaking to a chap at last years supercar showdown at beaulieu and he stated that tuners add more fuel to cool engine! not sure if thats true.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I have a MY17 EBA and running the 4.25 upgrade.
When I first got it I thought i had a fuel leak the smell of fuel was that bad in my garage after a drive out! and the soot deposits on the rear were driving me crazy up until I got it ceramic coated.
So pretty standard issue I guess.
I was speaking to a chap at last years supercar showdown at beaulieu and he stated that tuners add more fuel to cool engine! not sure if thats true.
who tuned your car?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mines a 4.5 Litchfield tuned and have no smell of petrol at all. Smells a bit rich when booting it with a bit of black smoke,but nothing on steady driving

·
Registered
45 Posts
have you spoken to Litchfield to see if they can do anything about it? not sure what version tune you are running but i hear v8 helps with the soot
No not yet but will be getting her serviced up there in September thouight I would ask then:cool:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts