GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going stage 4.5 with intercooler question is are circlips necessary at this stage of tune ?
Car is used only as road car and has never been launched by me or previous own and ive had it 3 years now 2009 car .
I know its better and all that but is it necessary if so I'll get them done .

Go easy lol

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I would do it mate, particularly if you launch it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,487 Posts

·
Vendor
480 Posts
The earlier transmission software shock loaded the gearset a lot more than the later (2010-) software. This made circlip issues more common and failure of the circlip retaining groove for the front 4wd gear more commonplace. I.e. wiping the whole end of the splined shaft off hence the design of retainer I use does not rely 100% on the integrity of the retaining groove like a lot of the other designs.
If you've been running on the early software for an amount of time or do a lot of hard launches then it's a good safeguard, on an £18,000 gearbox then it's 'peace of mind' too.
The power output of the engine does not seem to increase chances of issues, seen as many stock ones with issues as tuned ones.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
I changed the clips when I went from stage 4 - 5, the main reason was that when I put the car for sale - eventually, I think it will be more saleable at this power level. People seem paranoid about the box..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts