GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next Wednesday should see plans come together to upgrade my MY09 black/black R35.
I already have GTC Titan 90mm Y pipe and Cobb Nis006, which is great, but the slippery slope has drawn me inexorably to 'that little bit more'..
Planned additions are RF down pipes, GTC intakes, ID1000 injectors and installation of Whifbitz inter cooler. Oh, and Cobb custom tune.
Work to be carried out by Albert at Knight Racer, who will no doubt enlist the services of Ben to complete the tune.
I have deliberately retained OEM exhaust back box, preferring to see how this eclectic exhaust system sounds together. That leaves me the option to put GTC Titan 90 mm rear section on later (if required). I think around 630bhp will be just about right,( but I do remember saying stock power would be plenty enough when I bought the car about 20 months ago :p)
Needless to say, I'll be looking forward to the drive home!

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Tin, good to hear from you. I'm chasing my bucket list wish to join the 200 club. Managed a 180 mph run at RAF Marham (sorry I exaggerate, it was 179.97!) so hoping the extra mods will get me there next time, if the event is repeated in 2014.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Sounds like a nice little spec mate.

I understand why you're sticking with the oem rear section to experiment but seriously a 90mm titan with downpipes sounds ridiculous. You need to do it!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I had the OEM rear section and it's very restrictive.....went 102mm and there's some impressive gains to be had....had to get Ben to remap following due to how quickly it was letting the turbo's spool...torque was too high.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Great to see you still enjoying the car Dave!

Sounds like a great spec :) although I think you'll struggle to get 200mph unless you go to a vmax event, marham isn't long enough for a stage 4.

The car will be plenty loud enough with standard back box! Will be louder than my 4" system for sure.

Will have to catch up before the weather turns even worse. I'm in the uk (mostly) until December.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeh, a meet up would be good. Will text after improvements made, and weather looks fair. Thanks for comments mate, your input is always appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts