GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lot of hesitation about taking the plunge due to remaining warranty i decided to hell with the warranty and dropped off my car to sly for the stage 4 this morning. A big thanks for sly for meeting me this morning he has been nothing but a pleasure to deal with and always goes out of his way to help me out. Now i can't wait to get her back i have to wait until saturday to pick her back up due to work commitments and have decided i might as well add the down pipes as it would be rude not to. Also after meeting up with a few of the forum members and hearing the pops and bangs and flames it was a must i can't help but be a hooligan.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Picked mine up from Sly yesterday with exactly the same mods. My god your in for a shock. Be prepared my friend be prepared lol. Its So quick & that noise from the DP's is addictive. I really didn't think it would be that much of a jump from stage 1.

Dave

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Picked mine up from Sly yesterday with exactly the same mods. My god your in for a shock. Be prepared my friend be prepared lol. Its So quick & that noise from the DP's is addictive. I really didn't think it would be that much of a jump from stage 1.

Dave
Now your not helping at all im finding it hard having to wait until saturday your making me more impatient. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
484 Posts

Dave
Now i am liking the sound of this! I want to go from 1-4 but have been wondering can you feel much of a difference....

·
Registered
785 Posts
Down Pipes make a massive difference I would say, on top of 1.3 boost with Stage 4 map. It feels very different. Very Raw. I can even feel the car rising at the front and the steering goes light lol

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yes I think you have to know what your doing though. I think the bolts can sieze a bit. Beware though it's very loud. Not for everyone. No chance of getting on any track.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
nope all i had was a y pipe for noise i never touched the ecu because of the warranty.
This is going to be interesting :)

Yes there is.

Several options of silenced exhaust that allow you on track after fitting downpipes.
True... I had mine on Silverstone with the non-resonated ypipe, have since gone silenced as the officials at Silverstone had a word and asked me to short shift.

Silenced ypipe is great, almost noise on idle and slow driving, then above the 3000rpm the downpipes come alive.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Well yes obviously if you have an exhaust with loads of massive silencers it counter acts it but with a proper exhaust (lol) with normal set up like mine it's gonna be way too loud.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Well yes obviously if you have an exhaust with loads of massive silencers it counter acts it but with a proper exhaust (lol) with normal set up like mine it's gonna be way too loud.
Proper exhaust?

I had a full unsilenced decat (Milltek downpipes, Milltek ypipe and standard rear section).... at Silverstone, I just had to short-shift at the end of the pit straight.

Not been on track since I get the silenced ypipe

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.