GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lot of hesitation about taking the plunge due to remaining warranty i decided to hell with the warranty and dropped off my car to sly for the stage 4 this morning. A big thanks for sly for meeting me this morning he has been nothing but a pleasure to deal with and always goes out of his way to help me out. Now i can't wait to get her back i have to wait until saturday to pick her back up due to work commitments and have decided i might as well add the down pipes as it would be rude not to. Also after meeting up with a few of the forum members and hearing the pops and bangs and flames it was a must i can't help but be a hooligan.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Picked mine up from Sly yesterday with exactly the same mods. My god your in for a shock. Be prepared my friend be prepared lol. Its So quick & that noise from the DP's is addictive. I really didn't think it would be that much of a jump from stage 1.

Dave

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Picked mine up from Sly yesterday with exactly the same mods. My god your in for a shock. Be prepared my friend be prepared lol. Its So quick & that noise from the DP's is addictive. I really didn't think it would be that much of a jump from stage 1.

Dave
Now your not helping at all im finding it hard having to wait until saturday your making me more impatient. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope all i had was a y pipe for noise i never touched the ecu because of the warranty.

·
Registered
484 Posts

Dave
Now i am liking the sound of this! I want to go from 1-4 but have been wondering can you feel much of a difference....

·
Registered
785 Posts
Down Pipes make a massive difference I would say, on top of 1.3 boost with Stage 4 map. It feels very different. Very Raw. I can even feel the car rising at the front and the steering goes light lol

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yes I think you have to know what your doing though. I think the bolts can sieze a bit. Beware though it's very loud. Not for everyone. No chance of getting on any track.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Yes I think you have to know what your doing though. I think the bolts can sieze a bit. Beware though it's very loud. Not for everyone. No chance of getting on any track.
Yes there is.

Several options of silenced exhaust that allow you on track after fitting downpipes.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
nope all i had was a y pipe for noise i never touched the ecu because of the warranty.
This is going to be interesting :)

Yes there is.

Several options of silenced exhaust that allow you on track after fitting downpipes.
True... I had mine on Silverstone with the non-resonated ypipe, have since gone silenced as the officials at Silverstone had a word and asked me to short shift.

Silenced ypipe is great, almost noise on idle and slow driving, then above the 3000rpm the downpipes come alive.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Well yes obviously if you have an exhaust with loads of massive silencers it counter acts it but with a proper exhaust (lol) with normal set up like mine it's gonna be way too loud.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Well yes obviously if you have an exhaust with loads of massive silencers it counter acts it but with a proper exhaust (lol) with normal set up like mine it's gonna be way too loud.
Proper exhaust?

I had a full unsilenced decat (Milltek downpipes, Milltek ypipe and standard rear section).... at Silverstone, I just had to short-shift at the end of the pit straight.

Not been on track since I get the silenced ypipe

1 - 20 of 34 Posts