GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has discussed to death but is there anyone with stage 4 with DPs on Cobb that doesn't have a problem with black smoke when giving it some ? I have sent logs to my tuner which are fine but the smoke is still there.

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Have you tried using Ben Linney, am sure he could at least improve it for you. Might recommend Asnu injectors too which are meant to help.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Using Asnu 1100cc injectors and Ben. I am sending him logs next week to see if he can improve it.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
I have the same issues with stage 4 with DP using EcuteK. I have had several updates and although the smoke is less, I believe you will have to accept it for the performance.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Its better to have it running a bit rich across the rev range on WOT and accept a bit of smoke than lean it off too much.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I always say its the GTR doing its magic trick, once the smoke has cleared for the cars behind the GTR has disappeared off into the distance ;)

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Would just like to ask, is the smoke a lot worse on a Stage4? (ie does it smoke every time you put your foot down?) My Stage1 and 2 smoked but generally only when giving it the beans after sat at constant speed for a while though must say smoke is not as dense since going to the v3 map.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah that's is when I notice it the most when I accelerate from a standstill or I have been travelling slowly for a while.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Yep you will always get a dump of smoke if you go from standing start or from low cruising revs to WOT.....used to bother me a lot more than it does now but learned to live with it. I just tell people to watch the money coming out of the exhaust:thumbsup:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would love more poke and less smoke

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish it was readily available after reading reports on gtrlife . The yanks seem to be getting good results using E85

1 - 13 of 13 Posts