GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help. Just had Stage 4 now where do I go from here?? I have got the bug and want to do more but not sure what and how? Any advise?

·
Registered
609 Posts
Did you do the downpipes? What exhaust? Most importantly how long have had S4?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No downpipes yet. 70mm miltek but have 90mm sitting in garage waiting to go on. Stage 4 about 5-6weeks!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Lol....downpipes give you a few more horses but you really need turbos for anything really noticeable. Am sort of in the same boat (my spec below) and think having now got the FMIC and 102mm its inevitable at some point that i will do the turbos but will probably build the engine at the same time for peace of mind.

·
Registered
609 Posts
My point was DP's slight over fueling map = big flames, ok personal thing, but 5 weeks after S4 it's all too easy to think " more power"

I would spend some time seriously driving it before you consider the next steps, I guarantee you'll be pleasantly surprised

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Better brakes - or major investment.

Stage 4 + Downpipes + Overrun map = Perfect.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Downpipes are the next step I think. Then like you said the turbos, what do I gain out of putting a upgraded intercooler on? I love the stage 4 but it's addictive you want to do more! Lol

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Downpipes are the next step I think. Then like you said the turbos, what do I gain out of putting a upgraded intercooler on? I love the stage 4 but it's addictive you want to do more! Lol
For a FMIC, you gain consistency and safety. Check out the SRD one, it's a superb piece of kit.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
You need the intercooler if you are going to go for more than 650bhp really.....the OEM ones are only good to that power. Also a good investment to keep the temps way down even at stage 4 power levels.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
For a FMIC, you gain consistency and safety. Check out the SRD one, it's a superb piece of kit.
+1.....really really nice product and temp drops are great with it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good point the brakes. After picking it up from stage 4 I was told discs were in need of replacement. Do I replace for standard or upgrade?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Good point the brakes. After picking it up from stage 4 I was told discs were in need of replacement. Do I replace for standard or upgrade?
Go for some Alcon 380 or 400mm. Pad choice is subjective, Pagid RS29's are pretty good!

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Definitely not standard......get some Alcons or AP's etc....way better than the chocolate stock items...some good pads too makes all the difference. Getting some good brakes is like getting another 100bhp....

·
Registered
609 Posts
Temper your addiction for now, OK easier said than done. But for the short term invest your money in training with some one like CAT D who know the GT-R intermitly. They teach you in your car. Perfect!

You'll unlock more freedom and driving pleasure from your S4 than adding more power never really knowing what you or the car were capable of at that stage of tune. After that go for it!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
754 Posts
What model year is your car and which tuner mapped it?
If it's a CBA fit the uprated turbo inlet pipes (there's some in the for sale section) downpipes and do the brakes.

Protegimus

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My09 and I used Kaizer motors which I found really helpful. Downpipes, intercooler and brakes. That is my plan for the coming months.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Temper your addiction for now, OK easier said than done. But for the short term invest your money in training with some one like CAT D who know the GT-R intermitly. They teach you in your car. Perfect!

You'll unlock more freedom and driving pleasure from your S4 than adding more power never really knowing what you or the car were capable of at that stage of tune. After that go for it!
I've just become the proud new owner of a GTR!..you said something about CAT D TRAINING? Who are they and who do I need to speak to?

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts