GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cars booked into Litchfields monday for either st1 or st2 mods.

Just phoned admiral for quote on mods and they want an extra £200 (11-25% bhp increase). Having read others on here paying £30-60 was a bit surprised.

Anyway done an on-line quote tried seeing what 0-10% bhp increase would change it by and it was £38.

My questions is first of all in the event of a claim how on earth would insurance company know if ecu had been remapped, or am i being naive. Can they check.

Secondly if so, if i stated 0-10% (thereby saving £160) how would they know short of sticking it on a rolling road.

Lastly those with admiral/elephant when stating mods say for St2 and above have you stated both power increase and exhaust change

Cheers

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Can't answer your questions mate as I'm yet to have a re-map. However, fitted Y-pipe last night and phoned Admiral today. Went on as Exhaust mod. Charge was £36.88.

Re-Stage 2. I guess there would be no extra charge for the rest of the zorst as technically already disclosed. Then you'd do the re-map and show the power increase with that. £200 seems a bit steep considering what others have said on here.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am with Admiral and was almost £400 to go to stage 4. I have 6 points though and a bus crashed into me last year so pay a bit for insurance already. They also stated that any of your mods are not covered by the insruance. They would only replace the standard parts. Just plan not to crash the thing!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Cost me nowt with CCI, a jump from stock (530bhp on paper) to 620bhp.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Ring PACE WARD and ask for Jon!
:D
bob

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
+1 for pace ward.

Probably who I will insure my gtr with. Ok they are 200 more than admiral but you can mod car easy and get track day cover

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
I'm with pace ward and they stung me £400 to go to stage 4 but that was mid policy (2 months in ) but I negotiated them down at the next renewal to around £800 with stage 4.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I left a few messages for CCI and they never got back to me. Also, people have said that they are now limiting your annual mileage which won't suit some.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Yes there's a max mileage of 7.5K with CCI, I had to increase mine a couple of weeks ago as I've got a trip to Isle of Man this year and it's passing 5K now. Track mileage isn't included, but I doubt I've done more than 6-700 track miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts