GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Charlesworths

Are where I bought my GT-S in '98. Good people who sold me a rock solid reliable car. Came with 53k, put 50k on it in 3.5 years and the only major expenditure was a water pump.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Got a question, just like to make my infos straight.

The Stagea you guys mention above is not a Autech version right? As far as I know, the Autech version have full R33 GTR running gear and look a lot more aggressive then that.

Dino or anyone can answer me this question?

Again, I am not saying you guys are wrong, I just want to have the correct information in my head.

Thanks guys ;)

Jeff

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
CONFIRMATION

THIS CAR IS NOT AN AUTECH STAGEA JUST A GTS STAGEA.

WE CAN GET THESE ON TAP FROM JAPAN ALL DAY LONG, NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT THIS CAR, JUST A 2.5 DET, NOT AUTECH.

AUTECH STAGEA IS MORE THAN DOUBLE THAT PRICE OVER HERE IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO FIND ONE ON JAPAN FOR SALE, ROCKING HORSE SHITE THEY ARE, TRUST ME, IVE TRIED.

HOPE THIS HELPS:)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Thats what I thought :)

Thank you for the confirmation everyone.

I thought somehow Autech made a lesser performance Stagea and I don't know about it.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
It is no big deal jae, no need to apologize.

I just want to make sure my car knowledge is correct, that is why I asked those question.

Jeff

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
You can tell when its the 260RS!! Here are a pictures.

As Dirk said these things are very rare! The other normal Stageas is your everyday familly barge! The new ones I really like but the old ones are pretty damn ugly! Just like a big long brick!!:D ;)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
A big long brick that haul major butt :D :D :D :p :p

I agree the new Stagea is really pretty, doesn't haul as much ass though. :(

Jeff

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Jeff, the new M35 Stagea is offered with a VQ25DET engine. It kicks out 280ps(most probably over 300 as usual!!) and 41.4kg/m of torque @ 3200rpm! Its also 4WD and offered with the new generation Super Hicas so I'm sure with a few chosen mods it can really go!!

I've seen one of these in black with tinted windows and dark chrome AVS model 5s!! It looked superb!!!

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Hi Dino..........thanks for the update, yeah I know the new Stagea come with a VQ25DET with 4WD and Super Hicas. I saw it in Tokyo Auto show 2001 and Tokyo Auto Salon 2002.

What I was trying to say was, unless someone put in a hugh amount of money to modify the VQ25DET, the VQ25DET would never be as strong as a tuned RB26DETT. Plus I believe the new Stagea with the VQ25DET only come with automatic transmission right? Am I correct?

I also noticed the new Stagea look really European, look a lot like a Volve/VW/Audi, I guess we are starting to see Renault's influence on Nissan's new product.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
See, doesn't the new Stagea look just like that Volvo car (sorry John, I lost track of all the Volvo model when the 850 came out)

Jeff

1 - 20 of 21 Posts