GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Always see this on the forum, questions about what needs to be done for Stage I, or Stage II, or even a Stage III setup.

In my opinion, a Stage I set up is any type of mod done to the car whether it be suspension or engine, or drivetrain related, even if you changed the Turbo's, and cams, fueling, ECU, clutch, tranny and mapped to 600+, it's still Stage I, because the crank, rods, and bullets are stock.

I consider a Stage II set up, engine out and forged internals, with supporting mods, the horse power range for this stage is 500 - 750

And a Stage III car is putting down 800+, because at this level of power it's a whole different animal, and there is very little left on the car that is stock, as far as the engine, drivetrain and suspension is concerned.

This is just my personal opinion, I don't think there is a guide book any where that states this, I think a lot of people get hung up on advancing there car rating, saying this and that. So you are a Stage I setup if you are still running stock internals.

Oh I am for sure a lot of people will dispute this, and well to each their own. This is how I look at it the BIG picture.

:popcorn:

·
R35 Section manager
11,261 Posts
Stage 1 to me is air filter, exhaust, ecu to 1 bar-upto 400+bhp.

Stage 2 The above + intercooler,ecu upgrade/remap, turbos, injectors uprated, fuel pump uprated,Cams etc.480+bhp

I am not sure if a suspension change or roll cage added counts as a stage-if so stage 3.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Stages are meaningless imho, there's nothing set in stone so the definition varies depending on who you talk to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts