GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

For the first time in my ownership my GT R33 is in need of an MOT, I know it will fail on emissions as it doesn't have a Cat. and in the history file is a fail sheet listing an emissions fail from the last MOT just prior to when I purchased the car.

The work-around that time was the fitment of a temporary Cat. that was removed after the MOT (there's a receipt for that to!).

However, I would prefer something more permanent and I was looking for some info.

The exhaust on my car is an HKS Super Dragger and I was wondering if anyone out there knew the diameter of the pipe and/or could recommend a supplier or manufacturer of a sports Cat. tht would be suitable for that exhaust?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Steven.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Matty,

Thanks for the quick reply, maybe I'll put it through an MOT first then just to be certain.

I was under the impression though that the ability for MOT testers to exercise any judgement had largely been taken away by all the computerisation applied to MOT's. When I had my daily car MOT'd all the tester did was enter the make & model of the car, the machine determined the pass parameters, he stuck the probe up the exhaust and the machine took a reading after a pre-determined amount of time and the machine decided on whether it was pass or fail not the tester!

Cheers,

Steven.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.