GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be fitting a rear diffuser, Side skirts & a front splitter is there a stainless steel underside bolt kit just to spruce things up a bit under there?

·
Registered
723 Posts
Ok, so is the final answer this?
M6 x20 1mm thread pitch fully threaded bolts x25
M8 x16 1.25mm thread pitch fully threaded bolts x30
Is this thread pitch really important

Thanx

·
Registered
700 Posts
Ian I believe SuzaFan was referring to the thread pitch on the bolts and not the thread being posted in the forum :p unless I have misunderstood you both which is highly likely...

Got my bolt kit from Litchfields mate, ask Iain, he stocks them I believe, they were more expensive than the group buy but I don't believe by a huge sum.

H

·
Registered
723 Posts
Is this a job you should be undertaking???
Sorry not really meaning to offend but..................

Thanks *****, very helpfull :)
My friend, I was referring to the thread pitch on the bolt...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

·
Registered
723 Posts
Ian I believe SuzaFan was referring to the thread pitch on the bolts and not the thread being posted in the forum :p unless I have misunderstood you both which is highly likely...

Got my bolt kit from Litchfields mate, ask Iain, he stocks them I believe, they were more expensive than the group buy but I don't believe by a huge sum.

H
Haha, now that made me laugh...
Of course I was referring to the thread pitch on the bolt...
As I am not a native English speaker (I live in Coratia), I just wanted some more explanation regarding this hahaha.
I will try to contac Ian if he wants to give me this info...

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
I have one of Barrys set in the cupboard. Sly ended up using a different set, so I have this one spare.... dont remember it costing much more than £20. So, £10 to a charity from you and you can have this set (I will arrange postage, etc).

Even cheaper than I remembered...

·
Registered
228 Posts
just fyi if you can get a parts list i always buy my stainless bolts from stig fasteners (not enough posts for a link im afraid :p but "google" it)

if you bolting into aluminium aswell it may be helpful to use some sort of antisieze at the same time :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Seeing this thread was a great reminder as I've been meaning to do a search for ages (so thanks to OP!). Like others mentioned on the thread in the link above, I don't see anything wrong in sourcing and fitting myself so as such been on fleabay this morning and ordered up the lot for 11.04 delivered :flame:

Just to confirm that it is A4 grade stainless and I opted for allen key/socket headed bolts rather than normal hex headed bolts. I think someone mentioned in the other thread about them rounding but my thinking is that they don't need to be that tight and with a little bit of copper slip to aid any future removal - fingers crossed anyway ;)

Anyone wanting to do the same it was via a shop called massiveattack007 (I have no connection with them other than buying these - other shops are available ;)).

I ordered:
30x M6x16mm allen key bolts
30x M8x16mm allen key bolts
30x M6 washers
30x M8 washers
All in A4 marine grade stainless steel.

HTH

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Tabz,

I would like these please as I've already been gazumped on the ones from Graham. After all I did start the thread, hardly fair when folk just wade in!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi Tabz,

I would like these please as I've already been gazumped on the ones from Graham. After all I did start the thread, hardly fair when folk just wade in!!!
I agree, and I must admit I only asked TABZ because I thought you had the ones off Graham in the bag

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Seeing this thread was a great reminder as I've been meaning to do a search for ages (so thanks to OP!). Like others mentioned on the thread in the link above, I don't see anything wrong in sourcing and fitting myself so as such been on fleabay this morning and ordered up the lot for 11.04 delivered :flame:

Just to confirm that it is A4 grade stainless and I opted for allen key/socket headed bolts rather than normal hex headed bolts. I think someone mentioned in the other thread about them rounding but my thinking is that they don't need to be that tight and with a little bit of copper slip to aid any future removal - fingers crossed anyway ;)

Anyone wanting to do the same it was via a shop called massiveattack007 (I have no connection with them other than buying these - other shops are available ;)).

I ordered:
30x M6x16mm allen key bolts
30x M8x16mm allen key bolts
30x M6 washers
30x M8 washers
All in A4 marine grade stainless steel.

HTH
Make sure you get the correct size washers, standard width washers are too narrow and do not grip the under tray, you need the "penny washer" style.
Ian at IZFast who supplied the kits on the mini group buy mentioned in the other thread can still supply the bolts and washers, his tel number is 01908366077

·
Registered
382 Posts
I got mine done by Litchfields when having a service and software upgrade. Probably paid 10x what the parts would have cost to buy but couldnt be bothered with the hassle and wanted it done properly :)

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Make sure you get the correct size washers, standard width washers are too narrow and do not grip the under tray, you need the "penny washer" style.
Ian at IZFast who supplied the kits on the mini group buy mentioned in the other thread can still supply the bolts and washers, his tel number is 01908366077
Got a set from IZFast, great blokes to deal with, thanks very much Barry :thumbsup:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Just beware of the rear Carbon tray as my old ones were all corroded and snapping off. Prob because the existing bolts had never been out before. Finally got it sorted last month when I did my exhaust.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts