GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All.
Has anyone got a std airbox they would like to help me locate?
Cash waiting but donations welcome...
Basically the GTR has ridiculous induction noise under full bore and it was sending the noice sensors mad on friday at the track day..
If it has a panel filter in it then bonus.

Ta muchly.
NLW

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Air box...

Nick why not get the ARC twin entry Titan airbox it looks the nuts I have had good results with it and none of that woosh, suck rubbish.

Recommended.

..Ian

·
Registered
905 Posts
HKS do a Panel Filter for the standard box, called the super filter, it looks to be made of the same stuff as a induction pod but I may be wrong, and it only costs 30ish quid!!

Si

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Performance..

Now I am not to sure what sort of performance youn will get from using a stock a box on a 33 but the Mines 34 (Shins) gets good results from the stock air box with obviously their own panel fitler and I believe a carbon fibre feeding device.

I as I said in my earlier post I have the ARC Titan air box with twin entry and have some very good figrues.

...IS

P

·
0 Posts
Standard Airbox

the standard box should be fine re performance, my car made 470hp at the wheels on the std box with std panel filter, before needing to bin it to run larger afms. i now have the apexi super suction kit fitted, and the power increase was negligible. so unless youre making quite a bit of power i doubt there would be much loss!

i also recall someone down here in oz doing a back to back k&n panel filter and nissan panel filter comparison, and the nissan panel filter actually flowed more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts