GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,
I have had some misfortune during my replacement of fuel injectors on my RB26DETT :(
After removing the standard 444cc units I found that the "plastic" nozzle-tip on 3 of the 6 injectors was cracked (due to "old age" or similar..?) and some fell off, leaving these injectors "stripped" to the metal.

This will naturally make them difficult to refit in a standard position without any modifications (like fitting narrower rubber O-rings in the plenum) or replacing these "nozzle ends" with new (if available ?).

Anyone who know if there are replacement "nozzle ends"?
If not, Will the "stripped" injectors work properly with these missing parts, or will the fuel spray not be of a correct "shape" causing combustion problems if fitted in any engine.

Any info on this matter much appreciated.
If injectors are possible to use (repaired or without the plastic tip) I will put them out for sale at a very reasonable price later on.

Kindest regards
Lars B.
Sweden:rolleyes:

·
Registered
961 Posts
have you tryed getting the old injector nozzels out

try to do this ,give it everything youve got, it may save lots of bother
then start from scratch with new injectors .

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hello GU5I 80Y,
The old injectors and all parts are completely out allright.. It´s only that the plastic tip on three of them are cracked/desintegrated/fallen off after removal from plenum.
Fitting new BIGGER injectors was a "piece of cake".. Car runs like a dream.. As all GT-R:s do..
:)
Regards
Lars B.

·
Registered
961 Posts
whoops thought you mean after removel (in 2 pieces):)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dino, (and others for your efforts/suggestions)..

Any ideas what the url:s are for finding a supplier (SARD/DENSO) for spare parts. I have not yet found any (in English)..

T.I.A.
Lars B.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts