GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just bought a r33gtr which is running 1bar with supporting mods on standard turbos but im just a bit worried about them blowing?

i know they run 1bar safetly but for how long?

and wat damage can they do if they go?

cheers ant

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
damn good question. the ceramic wheels spool faster but are more fragile under high boost. I wonder myself as I'm in the same boat (with an R32 GTR). In theory, the wheels will fail and the bits and pieces will shoot out the exhaust. The bad part is if any shattered turbine bits get sucked into the intake (and thus into the engine).

Anyways, the hope is that they will last until I've got the quid to put in some steel turbine BB turbos (N1, GTSS, or GT2530)...knock on wood!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im just worried cos i do drive my cars hard, but always warm up and cool down though.

do they gradually brake or do they just go??

cheers ant

·
R35 Section manager
11,051 Posts
On 1 bar boost you should have no major problems,as long as your letting the car warm and cool down.If the turbos do blow,thats it.Iv just fitted Gtss turbos,they pull a treat and at the bottom end,where power counts on the roads.

·
Administrator
31,751 Posts
AFAIK max peak for standard turbo's is 1bar.

ive recently booked mine in for steel internals to be fitted as i'm off to the ring in september and have been told the stardard turbo's might not like the autobahn speeds and ring abuse

mook

1 - 8 of 8 Posts