GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling these after moving onto 2860's.

They were removed a month ago and neither have any shaft play. RK said they are in fine working order.

They were modified some time ago by Abbey via Turbo Technics with steel exhaust wheels and new exhaust housings on both.
The exhaust wheels have been trimmed back slightly to allow greater flow with negligible impact on response, (basically its an old trick to get a little more from a turbo).

They also come with upgraded HKS actuators as seen in pictures.

I was running them at 1.2 bar, but they had been pushed to 1.5 at ~500bhp on the dyno, (with supporting mods).

I'm looking for £275 ono plus shipping.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
So the general wisdom suggests that you can run standard R33 GTR turbos at 1bar. Aside from a boost controller, what else is recommended for running 1.2bar on these turbos? I'm just trying to decide whether I need these in my life :)

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That rule of thumb is referring to standard turbos with ceramic exhaust wheels that are fragile.

I had boost controller, ecu, injectors, cams, full intake & exhaust for 500hp.
Basically I was trying to see what 'standard' turbos could do when everything else is optimised.

I've had a offer on these turbos earlier, so maybe sold already.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I have the ECU, boost controller, intake and exhaust systems to handle these turbos but I guess the additional cost of upgrading the injectors and cams would really take the car financially beyond where I'd like to be with it.

I'll still keep an eye on these to see how the sale goes. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Ha ha, you're quite the salesman. Let me know if the offer on the turbos falls through. Maybe we could do a deal for the turbos and injectors in one go. Cheers!

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Torsten,

I am not sure if you have been getting my replies but I would like to know what you would like to do about these turbos?

I now have 4 other people that would like them and I need a quick sale.

If I do not hear from you in the next 24 hours I will offer them to the next guy on the list.

Regards,
Scott.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Add me to that list of interested people, in the unlikely situation where all of those people before me change their mind haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts