GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the standard back box from i think the 17 on any good ? , or just go aftermarket. I know it would save some weight but design wise from my stock 2012 one is it worth replacing ?

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
They are ok, imo dont hold back any power even at 4.25, one of the quickest 4.5 ive been in also had stock rear section and not even a Ti one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a spare one which got removed on delivery by Litchfield for an Akra Evo. Its still there

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you like quit and decent flow these are great. Haven't changed the catback on my MY17 and love it.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Litchfield are selling them off at £150 on eBay. I bought one few weeks ago and it turned out to be MY20 was brand new. Just trying to figure out how to operate the valve on my 2011 now.

Edit: just checked their eBay shop and they arent for sale anymore, it’s still worth giving them an email though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Litchfield are selling them off at £150 on eBay. I bought one few weeks ago and it turned out to be MY20 was brand new. Just trying to figure out how to operate the valve on my 2011 now.

Edit: just checked their eBay shop and they arent for sale anymore, it’s still worth giving them an email though

This good to know as I think the weight loss would be a good idea, I will look into trying to get one. I am in the North East of England so looking now. i think the valve will be just a 12 v actuator. It may be possible to tag an output from the ECU to auto open at a given RPM.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I’m from north east also yeah it requires 12v but also a PWM signal to actually operate the valve. Me and a friend are currently trying to get an arduino to send the signal instead of mucking about with the ECU.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m from north east also yeah it requires 12v but also a PWM signal to actually operate the valve. Me and a friend are currently trying to get an arduino to send the signal instead of mucking about with the ECU.

Just need details of that signal frequency and the voltage then !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts