GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv had my r35 for almost a month now. I'm just interested in what mods people are doing and how much it's going to hurt the wallet.

Pete

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
There's huge mods/project threads Pete.

It's all down to what you want, each tuner has product's they like to use. But mainly each stage gives you a power jump. Stage 4 is the max before turbos and engine internals need changed.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,197 Posts
I've had mine for 2 months and I've decided to leave it as it is, apart from I will be having a Y-pipe fitted as it does sound like a washing machine and also dump valves because I love the sound.

Other than that I'm more than happy with it as it comes.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Dump valves you only really notice when you do a pull and back off. Gear change is too quick for them.

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
If you get it onto boost and back off yes. But not during that time, the gear change is quick enough etc that the car doesn't dump the boost between gears.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,197 Posts
Thanks. As it's the noise I'm interested in, then maybe it's best to forget that idea then. When I had a Noble and Esprit V8 I had them fitted and I used to deliberately slow my gear changes down just to hear the noise.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
What MY is your car?

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
If you're not looking for outright power, I'd go for Y pipe, intakes and injectors. That'll net you around 600bhp and will make the car come alive. Litchfield Stage 3 is what you're looking at. You can add an exhaust to change the note, and that takes you to Stage 4 territory and around 620bhp, give or take.

·
Registered
166 Posts
a good stage 1 gives best bang for bucks and should gain around 100bhp
you will feel the difference and will sound a lot better aswell
filters,y pipe and remap
get the parts used and should be well under £1000

·
Registered
484 Posts
Ive just gone to stage 4 for around £1500, i bought most of the bits second hand so is an absolute bargain.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Would putting a y pipe on change the note? I don't want to sound like a boy racer cruising around town haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts