GTR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This wasant planned but from a trouble free day looking like this
to the following day like this couldnt see behind me for smoke so.....

Then just a block..

Now to make up a list of needed :?
Aim is 550-600bhp have a big list made up of parts reg , do i really need uprated oil pump and water pump??? been using the search button to see what spec people have built for this bhp want to stay twin for low down power as car is used for track days

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
You dont need an uprated oil or water pump. I would go uprated though, if your going through a rebuild, why not?? Its to handle all the extra your engine will be pushing out.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Its wise and more often than not cheaper now than later to put an uprated oilpump and some form of sump extention in, expecally if your going to be doing some trackwork.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you find anything wrong with the engine or had you just blown a turbo?
Nope engine is sound really impressed with the condition of the inside of engine , just rear turbo oil seal gone , but what the hell why its out why not do a proper job , Got a spec list ill put up shortly get your fed back before i hand over my hard earned cash :bowdown1:
Also going to need a clutch refresh kit for this clutch does anybody recongnise it and give me an idea of price and where from cheers..

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Funnily enough, It's a Nismo G-Max twin plate.
You can get rebuild kits from Nismo (Nissan)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
proposed spec list:blahblah:

crower Forged Pistons
ACL Bearings
ARP bolts
1.3mm Head Gasket
N1 Oil Pump
uprated water pump
264 Cams
HKS Turbo Elbows
vernier Adjustable Cam Pullies
044 Fuel Pump
SARD 660cc Injectors
z32 af meters
hks Timing Belt
Nismo G-Max twin plate clutch & flywheel
In addition to this the engine already has
full nur-spec exhaust from Cat back
Custom oilcatch
Mahussive intercooler says gt on pipe work?
Not decided on turbo-turbos yes car is used daily also for track days so wont something that spools low down but will still give between 550-600 bhp for that power can anybody add anything ive missed ?
Is it worth me having any head work done??
Cheers leighton

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
i would go for the sard 720 cc injectors instead of the 660cc
gives you more room to play with and they should cost about the same ...
if you look around on here there a very popular size for around 550 -650 hp i have them ..
are you not going to change the rods while your in there ..? i know i would... i know the standard rods are good for 600hp with arp bolts and maybe more but the forged rods will give you more options in the future ...
and don't go with the n1 oil pump they do not have a very good record (search on here)...go for a tomei or jun or similar they cost more but you get what you pay for ..

·
Registered
345 Posts
I wouldn't bother with an uprated water pump....the standard one on my track car does fine. As said earlier, go for a decent oil pump. Also get yourself a good oil cooler, this takes the strain off the cooling system.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
proposed spec list:blahblah:

crower Forged Pistons
ACL Bearings
ARP bolts
1.3mm Head Gasket
N1 Oil Pump
uprated water pump
264 Cams
HKS Turbo Elbows
vernier Adjustable Cam Pullies
044 Fuel Pump
SARD 660cc Injectors
z32 af meters
hks Timing Belt
Nismo G-Max twin plate clutch & flywheel
In addition to this the engine already has
full nur-spec exhaust from Cat back
Custom oilcatch
Mahussive intercooler says gt on pipe work?
Not decided on turbo-turbos yes car is used daily also for track days so wont something that spools low down but will still give between 550-600 bhp for that power can anybody add anything ive missed ?
Is it worth me having any head work done??
Cheers leighton
Hello

Sorry to see she is in pieces, but it looks like you have some good plans to get her back together better than ever.

Some info on the some of the bits the intercooler was supplied as a kit bought though a trader on here who ran a group buy I think they were GT-Culture or similar. You also already have an uprated 255/lph walbro fuel pump which I think should be good enough for your target power.

If it were my build I would also not bother with the N1 pump if you search loads of people have had failures on here. If your going to change it go for a Jun or Tomie.

I also have a spare RB30 bottom end if your interested :cool:

Edit- You also have aftermarket downpipes so it may be worth fitting some uprated turbo elbow while your doing it , if you stay twin.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I would go with;

HKS 680cc Injectors (Sard ones are rubbish imho)
Grex Oil Pump (good enough for Top Secret)
Greddy Sump conversion (Oil Surge is a big issue with track cars running 500+BHP)

Engine management system might be useful too ;) (If you don't have one already!)

Rgds
Nito

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I would go with;

HKS 680cc Injectors (Sard ones are rubbish imho)
Rgds
Nito
then you don't know what you are talking about as sard /denso make about 80% of the worlds injectors..!! and a lot of the japanese injectors are rebadged denso's

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the fed back guys ill take this all into account rather now than once ive bought the kit,, cheers david for the xtra info , now to open my wallet ....only been 2 weeks thought i wouldn't be in a rush to get it back on rd , but seeing it sat on the drive im going to pull my finger out!!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bit of an update , My shopping list arrived ARP headbolt kit, ACL bearings cosworth 1.5mm headgasket , Garrett GT 2860r-5s , tomei sump baffle , ebay turbo elbows 'modified as they were poop' all gasket replaced inlet exhaust etc
refresh kit for redtop nismo clutch

all thats left to do is injectors and ecu hopefully be back on rd very shortly ..

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
nice build mate, looks good
why dident you go for a set of forged pistons?
i would have also extended the sump too as the rb tends to run out of oil under hard manouvers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts