GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a starter for my r33 GTR just want to know what starters will fit as r32 GTR and a r33 gtr gts are they all the same?

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
the same as far as I know, if you haven't removed it yet, handy to get the top bolt out is to use a number of extensions and go from behind the radiator, adding extension at a time as you work it towards the bolt and having someone underneath the car to guide the socket piece onto the top bolt

Saves killing your skin on your hand and struggling, took me 10 mins to remove the starter motor on my old r33

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Or from under the car with a small ratchet and 14mm socket, once you've done it succesfully once you'll find it's not all that hard to remove ;)

·
Premium Member
8,094 Posts
Nah freakazoid it's quite annoying that way I think, well first time your trying to take it off it can be a bugger to remove, my way is easy IMO

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, one more question before i am swaping the starter motor,
where's the starter relay located?? I cant find it.

thx

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Nah freakazoid it's quite annoying that way I think, well first time your trying to take it off it can be a bugger to remove, my way is easy IMO
never bothered me all that much tbh, but in my defence I'm used to work on old Italian cars and they're utter s***boxes to work on :D

Oh and the startrelais is incorporated in the starter...unless I misunderstood your question ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts