GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I just bought a r32 gtr (tiger_kpt's one) and am having issues with starting. Im sorry for the fact that i've just joined and am posting up looking for help already but i thought if there was a place to turn to this would be it.

It all began when i went out and when i tried to start it it was turning over but not firing up, i thought as the battery was on the way out i then decided to replace it with the new one i got with the car in the boot. Did that and still no difference.

At this point i then noticed that when the ign was on i couldn't hear the fuel pumps. After looking about with a torch i noticed that there was a wire hanging out of the turbo timer, tired jamming it back into place and this made no difference.

Could this be the route of my problem? Ive never had a car which has had a timer fitted and nor have i ever fitted one to another car so my understanding of them is limited and not sure about what exactly its liked up to, there is a sea of wires behind the dash and they all disappear to different locations in the car.

Failing that i have checked fuses and all seem fine, any suggestions?

Anything greatly appreciated!

Jay

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its looking like its the fuel pump relay, and by the sounds of them they are like hens teeth and there are none available in the uk!

Dont suppose anyone has one lying around or knows of where to try?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
if they are standard try davew at the gtr shop, he will be able to help you with most things.

kev:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hm... Replaced the relay and blew a fuse. Fixed that and then learned the black/pink cable coming from the plug which I assume was an earth, waasnt connected to anything so snipped that and grounded it.

Starts and runs now but when under load at 5k rpm it feels like it stutters and won't rev higher, I'm thinking it's not getting enough petrol through the pump but not sure.

Any ideas guys?

·
Vendor
12,597 Posts
Hm... Replaced the relay and blew a fuse. Fixed that and then learned the black/pink cable coming from the plug which I assume was an earth, waasnt connected to anything so snipped that and grounded it.

Starts and runs now but when under load at 5k rpm it feels like it stutters and won't rev higher, I'm thinking it's not getting enough petrol through the pump but not sure.

Any ideas guys?
that sounds like coil packs or ign amp are fried.

·
Registered
679 Posts
by the sounds of it you are running the twin bosh fuel pumps off the standard fuelpump wireing

could your pumps not be getting enough voltage through the standard loom

wouldnt the twin bosh draw to much current through the standard loom hence why your relay and fuse went

you could try and hard wire your pumps directly from the battery with a switch so it get the full 14v to flow enough fuel

i could be barking up the wrong tree but id try that or get a multimeter and check what current the pumps are getting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts