balanced, resized, new bolts and nuts, de stressed 8500 rpm all day long 700
HKS\CARRILO STEEL rods s\h 1200
Gary
GT-ART

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
am i to understand you would charge me £700 for std GTR rods that have been balanced, resized,shotpeened? and new bolt fittings :eek: seems a tad pricey

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
ok

I can sort you out some plasacine ones then, but dont know how long they will last ,
but seriously if you havent any to start with for exchange you cant expect full bullet proof con rods to be given away can you ?
Gary
GT-ART

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gary, i happen to think Plasticine is good for cetain applications and it's nice to see u carry them yourself, on this occasion I don't think they will be suitable as they tend to go a funny colour when the come into direct contact with engine oil.

Why not send me all your std rods and i'll get them processed for you as per your bullet proof set send them back to you and you can charge £700, a nice mark up from the £300 per set it'll cost to have your rods sorted.
Without doubt to me it makes sense for me to buy std rods and process myself.

I may be in the market for an R32 gtr block, do you have any extra plasticine lying around ?
G.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
ok

You asked for some parts,
I happen to have them so i replied,
You dont know what process my rods go through and what parts are used so you cant judge,perfection costs money end of story
good luck in your quest
Gary
GT-ART.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Gary,
You are right as I am not aware of the process on your rods, I don't mind paying for quaility but your specifications on the £700 rods were somewhat vague hence my reply.
I do have a sense of humour and so replied to your plasticine gag.
If you would be prepared to give me details on your rods(either here on by PM ) I would be grateful otherwise i'll bell you regarding your std rods.
I don't want people thinking i'm a smart arse as i'm not but i'm no fool either, I do a lot of shopping in JPN and know what things cost but like an even balance of cheap purchasing over there and keeping good buisness with UK suppliers/tuners.
regards
G.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
It's always a pleasure to see Englismen conducting business...;)

Gentlemen, please do continue !!:D

Andre.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Wazzup ?

Glen

Although we do have the occasional wooden shoe in Holland (also used for their heavy weight in a certain Dutch Skyline GT-R in order to attempt to push the throttle through the floor, makes life easier) we eat with normal (for us at least) metal spoons. Surprised to see you don't..... Maybe the "hole in the English market" ? ;) :D :p

Andre.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Dutch Humor Rules

Glen

Whichever way you choose, fact is you have a Bayside Blue GT-R. I find that very important, I'm glad that you're so ignorant (or is that the wrong translation of your statement ;) ) and I offer you another ride (that's on the left hand side) in my Bayside Blue GT-R sometime somewhere but this time without having to hold a laptop looking at data we both don´t understand anyway ;) (or do you ?)

Now then: back to where this thread started: who's got 6 standard conrods for Mr. G-Sport ?

Andre.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
No no no Andre

I NEED the laptop. It stops me looking up and seeing how fast we are going :eek: :D :smokin: .

glen

ps. Your right, back to the great con rod debate.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Glad to see your all enjoying it and while i'm on does anyone know if the rb25 block has the same deck height as the 26 or the pistons the same compression height?
G.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts